1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Biased opinion alert] Bojan Bogdanović or Lou Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Croatian Sensation, Mar 5, 2017.

?

Who's your homie?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2017.
  1. Lou Williams

66 vote(s)
    75.9%
  2. Bojan Bogdanović

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. bring back Boki Nachbar to fill the stretch four role

9 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. bring back Pops Mensah-Bonsu to fill the rim protector role

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Sweet Lou has been solid for the Rockets, but my man Babo Beretta has been murdering off the bench for the Wiz and has just won them a game against the Magic with some clutch shooting, finished with a career high 8 treys (also the main reason for their win vs Raptors a few days ago). Bojan mentioned during the post-game interview that he's grateful to finally play with an all-star point guard that is willing to create for others and pass the ball (lol Lin shade). Harden would've filled that role here, obviously.
    They both had a similar price tag, bad contract + a first rounder, so it's not unreasonable to think Houston could've nabbed him with the same offer as for Lou. Bojan is a bad defender, there's no question about it, but he has legit small forward size and has enough strength to play that position, whereas the Rockets now play extremely small with Bev-Lou-Gordon (or Harden) for extended periods and that hurts them big time on D.
    One thing that is also worth mentioning is that Lou still has another year on his 7 million per year contract, while Bojan is an RFA this summer (4.5 mil qualifying offer). But Morey has been great with restricted free agency, at least when he doesn't need to deal with BJ the Moron, and I don't see Bogdanović getting more than around 11 mil per year, he's just not a very well-known or appreciated player around the league. Also, him and Capela share the same agent, so Morey could've established a precedent for Clint's RFA business in 2018.
    Btw, if we're looking long term, Bojan's just entering his prime at age 27, while Lou is already 30.

Lou Williams: 5 games, 24.4 min, 17.2 pts, 1.6 reb, 2.0 ast, 42.6 fg%, 39 3p%, 85.7 ft%, 3.2 3pm
    Bojan Bogdanović: 6 games, 24.5 min, 15.5 pts, 2.0 reb, 0.7 ast, 53.6 fg%, 58.8 3p%, 100 ft%, 3.3 3pm

I'm obviously biased, but I would've gone with Babo, as I very much dislike 3 guard lineups and think that it will be exploited and very hazardous in the playoffs. Bojan just fills that wing sharpshooter need better than Lou. Please don't start talking about how Sweet Lou is miles better at creating his own shot, watch the Rio Olympics, Babo was shredding the competition isoing, posting up and getting to the line every single game, he has that in his game.

2. Chamillionaire

58% is insane. Doubt he can keep that up, but Lou is my homie. Ride or die with our squad.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bogdanovich would bog down our offense.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

TL;DR but Lou Williams all day errday and twice on Sunday over Boban and Bojan

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Wall of text is hard to read

Lawlruschang and Chamillionaire like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bring back Boki Nachbar to fill the stretch four role.

DD

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

A lot of people on the board suggested and wanted Bogdanovic, but I'm happy with Lou.

Happy for BB and his eight 3's last game, but he's not a Rocket.

I'd rather focus on what this team is and has for the rest of the season.

saleem, Ramo$e, Clutch and 3 others like this.
  8. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

Bog cant create while Lou is a top PR player

hakeem94, Nivos and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

lou williams because he can create off the bounce, something we have been missing when harden rested.

hakeem94 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm certainly not enamored by his rebounding. I was all in for a big man at the trade deadline, but I'm more than happy to take a third ball-handler to give our attack multiple fronts. Also, as insurance behind Beverley and Gordon.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Damn, you millenials can't even focus on a 2 min read. Put down your mom's iPad, open up your Jansport backpack, take out your Spiderman pen, start paying attention and write down notes after you've read my posts, you could learn a lot from them. I'm offering you free education, you can't get that everywhere.

This is the correct answer

12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Lou for sure. Love Bojan though. Thought he would put up like 18 ppg this year w/ the Nets. Didn't happen but is in a great situation with Wall and the Wiz now

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Bobby because we have Gordon already, and we cant reasonable play Gordon, lou, bev and harden together, but could bobbt instead of lou.

But no question lou is the better player.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Lou. You need insurance for Beverley and Gordon.

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. vator

vator Contributing Member

One guy is doing something that isn't sustainable statistically and one guy is almost right on his season averages.

Borneoman and Ramo$e like this.
  16. valorita

valorita Member

Would rather have Boban than Bojan.

RocketsFan0 likes this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I knew the Wiz found a winner when they made that trade. I really like what Bojan does out there.

raining threes likes this.
  18. raining threes

Give me both next season

Lou for this seson

RocketsFan0 likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Boban's name = this picture for me
    [​IMG]

Remlap likes this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Its a silly thread. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Chamillionaire likes this.