1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biased anti-Israel reporting by MSNBC Muslim activist reporter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Yeah...just like the UN Peacekeepers were able to to prevent the Six Day and Yom Kippur Wars?

Legally, they have to have the consent of the host country. Egypt kicked them out of Sinai, and years later, Israel didn't let them come back.

There's a UN force that's been in the buffer zone between the Golan Heights and Syria for decades though...until our Al-Nursa friends attacked them a year ago that is.

I'm not going to disrespect the work that some of these guys do -- I met Canadian peacekeepers that told me about crazy situations they've de-escalated on the Syrian / Israeli border, but there's a long history of UN forces being of little deterrent if a force is belligerent enough to attack.

2. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

its NEVER the JEWS fault

3. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

That's true. It's also never "the muslims'" fault or "the christians' fault" or "the blacks' fault" or "the asians' fault" or the "latin americans' fault" because it would be an obvious fallacy to think that any disorganized and arbitrary group of that size had any agency.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it would be a very different situation in the occupied territories given that the people would have the choice of UN soldiers or being run by Israel. Given that the UN would be working very closely with the PA and the local police I think it would be different.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member