1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BF's League : Close games as we close in on the championship run.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Dr of Dunk, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wow, Smeg and my game is shaping up to be a good one thanks to the Big Oaf in the Middle aka Shaq. Iverson had a "subpar" game and that didn't help. I need him to go off for 70 pts in this next one and hopefully Shaq won't go for more than 70. [​IMG]

Anyway, looks like Rob is fighting off VOR, too and that'll give me some breathing room if I win or lose. If Rob wins, it'll be one less game with really nothing changed.

Pimp's in a tight race against Lard Boy, too. Dammit Pimp, you gotta win this one!

...it's nail-bitin' time

------------------
    "There is a long-term study being done of women and their menstrual cycles and preliminary findings show that women in the US have had their puberty move from beginning around 15 or 16 in the 1960's to around 11 or 12 today as compared with women in China who still reach puberty around 15 or 16." -- Jeff Balke has nothing left to save (including his mind apparently) and has decided to become the Cliff Claven of the board. Go on with yer bad self, Jeff!

2. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

Well, its gonna be a nailbitter as I try to play spoiler. Its pretty much a two team race and IMO if either DoD or VOR get a 3 game lead its done. You can sign, seal, and deliver that championship. Maybe an injury or 2 can happen to make it interesting.

Rob

------------------
    Producer at SportsRadio 1340 KKAM

visit me online at www.robertsnyder.net

2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

It's too close to call no matter the results but especially if Dr and VOR have losses I think they both will need to watch for Lard Boy but also Fadeaway who is on a nasty tear.

------------------
    CUT Tino
    These Heaves are just getting Ridiculous!

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I need no watching with Webber out.

*sigh*

I like the fact that the records are pretty close for everyone though.(well, cept for ren [​IMG] )

------------------
    snap crackle pop

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ren's final words :

"What? No more trades? Damn, I'm out."

[​IMG]

------------------
    "There is a long-term study being done of women and their menstrual cycles and preliminary findings show that women in the US have had their puberty move from beginning around 15 or 16 in the 1960's to around 11 or 12 today as compared with women in China who still reach puberty around 15 or 16." -- Jeff Balke has nothing left to save (including his mind apparently) and has decided to become the Cliff Claven of the board. Go on with yer bad self, Jeff!

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Rob, I think it'll take more than a 3 game lead especially with you and Ren doing better with your teams. Especially at this point in the season with quite a few games still left. I actually am kinda scared now playing against Ren's team. All it takes is a lopsided game count for either me or VOR to lose.

Also consider that a 3 game lead for me is really about a 2 game lead since the tie breaker is total points (I think). Most guys at the top in the league have scored more points than me, although I'm gaining fast.

------------------

7. SmeggySmeg

Lardness,

one thing i don't get is why didn't you pick up Pollard as soon as Webber went down and put him him, i know i should of, and damn am i spewing Pimp beat me to Laettner

------------------
    CUT Tino

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

He he! Someone needs to keep you in check now that you are ahead of me by a game Smeggie. Unless DoD or VOR loses a few, I'm done.

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush

9. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

How do you guys think I feel with Kobe and Marion out? I was just looking to stay in the top half of the field. Now even that is in doubt.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

10. SmeggySmeg

well looks like Jones is injured there goes the match-up

------------------
    CUT Tino

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nonsense Smeg, with Shaq there, he may end up counting as about 3 players. Ugh. Besides, Antonio Davis is about to throw up a dud of a game for me.

DAMMIT, I NEED THIS WIN!!!!! [​IMG]

------------------

12. SmeggySmeg

Damn you Hamstring well that will be both games gone and there goes my title tilt

------------------
    CUT Tino

13. SmeggySmeg

won't even be close Dr you will be plus 100 up and i only have 1 game more tomorrow

damn you JOnes

------------------
    CUT Tino

14. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Kobe won't pull this one out for you Behad. Good game. Better luck next time [​IMG]

------------------
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."-
    (Aldous Huxley)

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dammit, VOR pulled out the win thanks to a no-show by Glenn "Big Dog(gin' it) Robinson!! [​IMG]

------------------
    This space available for something funny or witty...

16. The Voice of Reason

HELLO ALL,

wow I am back. Not only did I go away to Mardigras, but my computer died while installing airplane tycoon(hack) as well as busy catching up with work. I havnt been able to keep up with my team at all. I made one little roster change a week of so ago, but that is all. I know I lost one game, but havnt been to sandbox except for when I got that warning E-mail(the one that says they sell inactive teams)

I am sorry for my absence, and hope to be able to recommit myself to the league. I say this only because it is our individual involvement that has made this league great. I hope to be able to make the home streatch competitive and fun

BUT DAMN I MISSED ALL THE TRADES [​IMG]

oh well

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What trades? [​IMG]

Oh, and please... take your time coming back... [​IMG]

------------------

18. The Voice of Reason

the NBA trades/trading deadline

and I am taking my time coming back..... I missed the roster deadline fot this game, so wink should be able to give me quite a scare. next game I should be back at the helm

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, Mobley didn't play in his first game, so there's some help for you there...

Please lose.

I'll be your friend! [​IMG]

------------------

20. The Voice of Reason

Its kind of out of my hands now.

and it looks like we will be friends [​IMG]

at least I gain something

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com