1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BF League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by The Voice of Reason, Mar 12, 2001.

1. The Voice of Reason

I was just checking out the standings, and I realized that this is the first time since game 4, I think, that someone other than DoD has had sole possession of first place.

So for your complete dominance of the league for thirty some odd games, I SALUTE YOU!!

With 10 games remaining,I still think this league is winnable by a few of us.

1 Bridghampton Killer Bees 28-9 20116
    2 Houston HoopDaddies 27-10 19566
    3 Fadeaway's Cyberfish 25-12 20675
    4 Valley CriscoKidds 24-13 20478
    5 H-Town Platinum Pimps 23-14 19527
    6 Smegville Dragons 22-15 20157
    7 WiNK Ballas 21-16 19610
    8 Steamtown Pythons 21-16 18787
    9 League City Can't-Be-Had 20-17 20162

These are all of the guys mathmaticly still in it, but since I see it as verry possible to lose 3 of my remaining games, but highly unlikely to lose more than 5 I suggest that just the Bees, HoopDaddies, Cyberfish, CriscoKidds and Pimps have any real shot. Smegg was likely eliminated when he lost that close one with me last week.

every game still matters in this, the best fantesy league i have ever experienced.

PEACE

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

18787 Boy did my team stink this year. I had such high expectations. Trading Marion killed me, as Ewing turned out to be just average at Center. Still some games left though, and I plan on being the spoiler. Better bring your A-games when you come into my house [​IMG]

------------------
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."-
    (Aldous Huxley)

3. The Voice of Reason

wow, Finn i thought you had abandoned you own league [​IMG]

nice to see you still want blood

but you cant have mine, i am am macheine ok well maybe not, but its still coll your gonna try and mess things up

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I still laugh every time I think about how some people in this league thought I made a bonehead trade. HAH! I'll admit, I didn't know he was gonna be THIS good, but I did know Ewing would be this bad.

My team could score some points (third in the league), but injuries at key times, and game advantages just killed me. I still say DoD had a lot of luck on his side.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

5. BobFinn*

Like they say, its better to be lucky than good [​IMG]

------------------
    (Aldous Huxley)

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Yeah, DoD had the magical lucky horse shoe all season long. Personally, I had a lot of bad luck. The four biggest misfortunes that stick out for me were:

- Losing a game to Pimp after the recount by <u>one</u> lousy point!

- Losing a game to VOR. I had to decide between Cassell or Rose for that week. I chose Rose, but if I had chosen Cassell instead I would have won.

- Losing a game to DoD. My squad did great and managed to get the second highest point total in the league for that week. But who had the highest? My opponent, the Hoopdaddies. If I were matched against any other team, I would have won that week.

- Losing a game to the Red Raiders --- how embarassing! [​IMG]

Plus, holding onto Danny Fortson really hurt my depth, just taking up a useless spot on my roster all year long.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

VOR,

yeah your right that was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak, but really i was never really in it after the injury induced 7 game losing streak at the start, actually pretty happy with my recovery, think i have beaten everyone and maybe if i had beaten you i had a shot, anyways i has been great fun and will keep being fun.

Smeg

------------------
    "Repression never did me any harm (I finally ceased to include "stop masturbating" as one of my guilt ridden New Year's resolutions, but that's a different topic)." Achebe - programmer by day, Mrs Palmers Husband by night

8. Behad

BTW, where the f*** was Kobe last night? Shaq has an off game, but at least he played. Viral infection my ass.....

------------------
    Behad

9. BobFinn*

Resting up for the playoffs I suppose

------------------
    (Aldous Huxley)

10. Behad

Screw the playoffs! We've got fantasy leagues to consider!

------------------
    Behad

11. The Voice of Reason

I am putting a life vest on my thread.... Back to the surface with you little one, back to the top.

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Are you ok VOR? lol. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I was arrested for sexual assault involving an elderly man and I was out in 35 minutes." -- Achebe - programmer by day, geriatric ass grabber by night. As(s?) a side note, he did state he was cleared of charges.