1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beware of the poorly made Nike...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Munozadj

Munozadj Contributing Member

Have you noticed all the injuries with players who wear Kobe's new nikes? The flashy sneakers have no business on the sticky wax floors of an NBA court, Only at social functions for fun parties. The sole is causing too many sudden stops in the movement of the feet, it's a shot to the ankle and does not give for sliding as noted in Kobe's last injury. Kobe could have kicked his left leg out from underhim with any other basketball hightop, but the traction sucker-cupped his foot to the floor and could have caused more than just an ankle.

Only minutes ago, S. Marion just ran out of his shoe with no ones help. He was running left of the basket, only 17 feet out and his shoe simply stuck to the floor. One look at the laces also self-explain that there isn't enough to keep the shoe tight around the foot.

Other's also injured wearing the shoe: Eddie Jones, Ron Harper, and I think Tyrone Nesby.

Why can't Phoenix just die?

------------------

2. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I guess that's what happens when you wear a shoe designed by a German car company.

------------------
    Houston Sports Board

3. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

if i'm not mistaken..kobe is sponsored by addidas..not nike.

------------------
    "My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character." - Sir Charles after hearing Tonya Harding proclaim herself "the Charles Barkley of figure skating".

4. Munozadj

Munozadj Contributing Member

Oops, your right, I couldn't id a reebok, addidas, and a nike, but those shoes are addidas, except Eddie Jones. Those are nikes he wears.

------------------

5. Q8 Rocket

Q8 Rocket Member

Adidas company is great in making shoes but not for basketball players , it's for soccer players , I don't know why some nba players always makes a deal to be sponsred by a companies that don't know what is basketball ??!! if i were playing in nba i wouldn't accept any deals like these

------------------
    the biggest houston Rockets fan in Q8

[This message has been edited by Q8 Rocket (edited March 27, 2001).]

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, a shoe has a lot to do with a shoulder injury.

------------------
    www.swirve.com...The reason Al Gore invented the internet.

7. BigDog

BigDog Member

Ankle injuries are a part of the game. As long as there is a basketball and a court, there will be injuries. Just that simple. If you want a true basketball shoe then they all should go back to wearing the Converse All-Star. Now that was a basketball shoe! All canvas with no ankle support! A classic. It brought Dr. J into stardom....lol

------------------

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Invented by Pre-fontaines running coach according to the movie...good movie by the way.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

9. jamma34

jamma34 Member

i beg to differ. i have a pair of the mcgrady 'mad handles' and i must say, they are some of the best basketball shoes ive ever gotten. good foot support, easy to get around, and most of all, my feet dont hurt from playing in them. (ive been buying various nike shoes in the price range of 50-75 for about the last 7 years)

-- good site, i know its been talked about on here before,
    www.kicksology.net (i thinkt thats it, might be .com or something)

------------------
    president of the sleepy floyd to hall of fame club.

http://www.it-is-truth.org

10. Q8 Rocket

Q8 Rocket Member

oh !! Nike aren't envolve in those campanies , i'm sorry for not clearing my post as it should be !!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    the biggest houston Rockets fan in Q8