1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverleysanity!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Oct 23, 2013.

1. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

It's hard to be a fan of both Lin and Bev, but I really am. Actually, they are my two favorite players. I like Casspi also. I would actually like to see Bev and Lin play together as much as possible.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Guess he will just have to settle with being the starting point guard of the Houston Rockets.

3. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

So if someone thinks Beverly should start they are a LOH? So if they dont share your opinion then obviously they are just hating? lol ppl like are the problem, not the solution.

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

No, not necessarily. But it's quite obvious that some people are like that.

Read closer, I said "many", not all! Way to over-generalize.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

No, it's not that hard, I like them both. It's just that having a facilitator starting and a spark plug off the bench makes great sense.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Thats stupid.

If you're a fan of the Rockets you should love them both unconditionally. Not in the way that Parsons and Lin do post-game in the showers however

1 person likes this.
  7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I love this..

8. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Love "unconditionally"? You go ahead, and the post-game in the showers joke is getting stale.

9. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

If the Rockets can turn Casspi into a shooting machine, why not Yi? Casspi didn't do well in his last 2 teams, probably due to poor team chemistry. He rebounds well here too. But he is only 6'9". Yi is a 7 footer with a good shooting touch. I think if Yi can be set up in Houston with all the ball movement, he can be productive too like Casspi.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Best of luck learning to like two players on the same team!

11. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I hate when the ignorant posters show up.

12. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Prima donna, I'm kinda dissapointed to hear that TBH. I'll take your lead and leave it at that also :) (Loved your anecdote about Pat Bev! I personally love to read about fan interactions with players).

13. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

I like many of Bev's plays - high energy, suffocating ball pressure defense, steals, rebounds etc. But an honest assessment of his suitability to be a starting pg should not ignore the glaring weakness of Bev's inability to have consistent number in assists and leading the attack. This is what a point guard does, to lead the attack and make everyone else better by assists. Those of you who like to trash Lin's weakness in consistent shooting and yet are very reluctant to address Bev's glaring weakness in assists have something to explain. Bev had a total of 1 assist in 2 playoff games last season, and in this preseason, the game he started with Lin out with sickness, Bev had zero assist again. This is a glaring weakness of a pg in any team and yet no BOF wants to talk about it. There are so many guys in the Rockets who can't create their own shots and have to depend on the pg. With the brilliance of Bev in other areas of his game, this weakness in his game has to be addressed and discussed openly also so that Rockets fans at large are more at ease with him starting in place of Lin if it happens.

14. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

lol neither of this would happen because China has a huge problem developing point guards, let alone getting them to play defense.

So Pai Ke Bai Wang Lee would most likely end up backing up one of these guys

[​IMG]

15. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Add this former Rocket to the list:

[​IMG]

16. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

That guy in the left is AB, LOL. He looks much bigger there than here in the NBA.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

You know what's not stale though?

What Parsons and Lin do in the showers post-game.

1 person likes this.
  18. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Yup and started for Guandong too.

You know how desperate Chinese teams are getting with their Pgs?

This man got signed.

[​IMG]

19. steady

steady Member

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed reading about Beverley. For those interested, Jenny Creech... also had really nice things to say about Bev in the pod cast posted in another thread. Something about how he just has an incredible feeling for where the ball is on defense. She also confirmed everything we have been hearing about how good team chemistry is, and how happy Dwight seems to be.

1 person likes this.
  20. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Holy &@$!

How does a certain poster turn every thread into the same acronym-filled complain fest? We have a week until the season starts.

In the words of John Beckwith, "You lock it up."