1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverleysanity!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Oct 23, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

My boo. [​IMG]

Honestly though -- I remember the first game I went to where I actually saw him play... late January, I think. I had no clue who he was, what his name was, or where he came from, but I distinctly recall turning to my sister and being like, Yo. THAT dude. His energy and his heart were apparent from Day 1, and I love him for it. Overall, I'm a sucker for an underdog with big heart -- probably the same reason I effing adore Nate Robinson.

Plus, the couple of times I've met Bev, he has been super, super, super, super, super nice and totally down to earth. I went to an autograph/photo session at Reliant earlier this year to see him, Chandler and Harden. Got there late on his day and missed the photo op. I was super disappointed but didn't want to beg for a picture since he was only doing autographs at that point. He saw the ticket in my hand and asked if I'd missed the photo... when I said yes, he stood up and told his security guy to get a picture of us. Just really, really nice when he didn't have to be.

Aside from Basketball Reasons :p to like our team, I think we have a lot of genuinely nice guys. Bev, Jeremy and Chandler are at the top of that list for me, and it really makes it easy to root for them and want to see them do well in this league. It's too bad some of you are too consumed by hate to see it.

2 people like this.
  2. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Aww did the OP hurt your feeling some how? What in the world can it be? ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Do you live only on the internet?

4. KlutchQT

Jeremy isn't a problem. Some of his fans -- the kind who can't even stand for someone to make a Bev appreciation thread -- are the problem. The dumbest part is that Jeremy seems like a super nice guy who would likely be totally disgusted by their behavior and cheap shots at his teammate(s).

5. bfpri

bfpri Member

[​IMG]

Bevsanity!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Great line.

7. TTNN

TTNN Member

nice story, good to hear that.....

8. tefunk

tefunk Member

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Only 5 supers and 1 totally? Sounds like he has room for improvement.

1 person likes this.
  10. KlutchQT

Obviously, my standards are very high. :p

I was genuinely taken aback at how nice he and Chandler were. Someone else, OTOH - *cough* Harden *cough* - acted as though he was doing the fans a favor and really didn't want to be bothered. For the sake of my devotion to this team, I made a concerted effort to convince myself that that's just his personality. Yeah, that's it.

11. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

You're not the the first I've heard to say that about JH. He probably just gets exhausted from all the fan interactions quicker than the other guys.

12. yunac010

yunac010 Member

To be fair, Beverley is a much better player than Toney Douglas.

13. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

It seems like you are over-simplifying. Lin posted historical numbers during his first few games starting. I normally like your posts even though sometimes I don't agree with your opinion/prediction. This one isn't so good.

14. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Sure, of course. It was first of all just a satire on the previous post (by an LOH?). And also, it's true that most of the people are ROF but on the Bev starting topic, strangely many would take the LOH route and be trollin. Spark plug off the bench is totally classic. It's extremely rare to have a high energy defensive spark plug start at the PG spot over a facilitator, even his biggest fan would agree (he's not mired in this mudsling deathmatch). I would totally understand if these guys are genuinely big Bev fans, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

15. KlutchQT

I heard from someone associated with the event that he was being a prima donna before things even got started. He doesn't seem super social, which I understand because I'm not either -- but I turn it on for work, because I know I have to. And for a hell of a lot less money, lol. Anyway, I'm just going to work myself into annoyance, so I'll let it go. ------>

16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Beverley needs a less cliche nickname version of the never-ending bunny.

17. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

But he is not. And the Rockets aren't doing a tour NBA of Africa to see blood diamonds. Sorry if JL an American Born Asian comes with his own network.

18. KlutchQT

Sheesh, some of you stoop low.

19. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Better yet if Jeremy Lin was born Jerome Lin from the EPA in Santa Clara county and his skin was Black. And re-wrote the NBA record books for first 7 starts he'd be on the cover of SI. And when he got his million $ contract SAS and Marsh-mello wouldn't have ?ed his contract or else the NAACP, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson would have tapped that azz. Touche'

20. KlutchQT

Sort of loses its impact when you remember that he actually was on the SI cover multiple times. You know, without his ghetto Black skin and all.