1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley to undergo knee surgery, D'Antoni says he could miss 20 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Oct 21, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

PLAY KJ AT PG FOR DEFENSE! kj, gordon, harden and the backup pgs to split minutes there with kj getting half of them . who knows, maybe he'll become the starting pg for the season and its a good opportunity to work on his ballhandling to become halfway decent, gearing him up to work on it more in the offseason.

jb would pass up this opportunity, mda hopefully wont

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

HOUSTON – Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today guard Patrick Beverley will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee on Tuesday, Oct. 25. The surgery will be performed by Dr. Walt Lowe. Following the surgery, Beverley will be re-evaluated by Lowe and Dr. Steven Flores in approximately three weeks.​

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in the end i guess the efficacy of shea butter and calamine lotion had already maxed out in relieving the irritation, so they just opted to cut the itch out altogether

Mathloom, malakas and J.R. like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So...who's watching Old Man Logan next summer?

5. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

use the China connection...sign Norris Cole..i want a pesky PG

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Should have done this in the off season

7. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Wishing Bev a speedy and pain free recovery from his surgery. But why oh why wait until now?? Was this truly Bev's decision or were the team docs and Keith Jones in agreement in trying the conservative way of rehab and wait?? I personally would try to rehab and wait, but I'm not paid the bucks by NBA professional sports team.

8. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Rafer gets injured, brooks takes job, brooks injured, Lowry takes job, Lowry injured, dragic take job

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Super minor surgery - have had friends get it and back balling within 2 weeks.

DD

Deuce and Jayzers_100 like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This Sucks.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

A bunch of people here are saying this, and I don't get it. The symptoms probably didn't present until training camp, and given that they got three separate opinions, I'm guessing Bev was putting up roadblocks.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well this is a positive I guess. Still sucks he's going to be out. Our beginning schedule is tough

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Bev gets injured, Gordon takes his job, Gordon gets .... (no, I can't finish this though)

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If Harden is starting at PG (35+ minutes), and we have Prigs and Ennis to back him up, we're fine.

KJ and Gordon will split minutes at the 2. That's fine too.

Which leaves minutes at the 3, which hopefully do NOT go to Brewer. I hope Dekker and KJ are ready to fight for some minutes at the 3.

At the 4 and 5 we will be fine with Capela/Nene/Anderson/Harrell/Dekker.

Thankfully this is a minor minor procedure not indicative of any structural damage. MDA is not fond of playing young guys so I'm kind of glad this will twist his arm into doing that a little (as long as he doesn't decide to just lean on Prigs and Brewer).

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Remember when Jason Terry was our Beverley injury replacement?

We'll be fine.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Beverley is the perfect example of 'when toughness goes wrong'. Thinking he has to push through pain, not taking enough time to recover, get back quickly on the court, taking this minor surgery over the proper surgery because the recover time is less etc.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Yeah but he took out Westbrook in that one series which caused KD to leave a few years later

18. Oscar Riquelme

Hoping for a speedy and effective recovery....

19. kevtse

kevtse Member

Bev gets injured, Prigioni takes job @@

20. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

I wonder if Morey even bothered going after George Hill this summer. Would liked him on this team more than Gordon.