1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Between Gotham/Agent Shield/Arrow/Daredevil/Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Apr 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Similar except

1. Daredevil
    2. Arrow [1st two seasons]
    3. Flash
    4. Agents of Shield
    4.5 Agent Carter
    5 Arrow Season 3
    6. Gotham .. . .. . a distant 6th

Rocket River

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wow what a daunting list. When you're keeping up with all these shows week to week you don't realize how many there are.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, I've always liked Punisher also. I actually didn't despise the Punisher movie. (the Thomas Jane one) I see why it gets a lot of flack, there's definitely some stupid parts. With that said, I thought Jane did a good job.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I always liked Thomas Jane in The Punisher. I think it was mainly the story and directing that made it dumb but I had no problem with him. Also liked him in The Mist and Homeless Dad.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The mist had one of the most ****ed up endings I've ever seen. Yeah, he was definitely good in it.
    After rewatching Punisher as an adult, I laughed at a lot of the deaths and see why people made fun of it. A lot of them were over the top to the point of not being gory or shocking, just hilarious.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

1) Arrow first 2 seasons
    2) Daredevil
    3) Flash
    3) Arrow season 3

Haven't watched the other ones.

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I actually really liked that movie.

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

1 daredevil
    2 arrow
    3 flash
    4 agent carter
    5 Constantine
    6 Agents of Shield

I thought Gotham was terrible.

Punisher on Netflix might look something like this fan film:
    [youtube]bWpK0wsnitc#t=557[/youtube]

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

i love gotham. not really big on comic books but always leaned to batman/dc more because of the dark & realistic type vibe it gives off. to me gotham is like watching a live comic book. not saying its perfect because it has its flaws. and i like origin stories, the kid plays the penguin is really good

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Arrow is the best followed by Daredevil.

11. Poloshirtbandit

The Penguin actor seems creepy even when he's not in character.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I haven't watched Daredevil, Agents of Shield or Agent Carter. I will give Daredevil a try this summer and maybe Agents of Shield, however I think it will bore me. Agent Carter sounds extremely meh.

I prefer Gotham as its a mixture of different formats. Its building the Batman villains characters all while providing a story line of what Gotham is like. What I appreciate about Gotham is the lack of serious plot holes.

Arrow has its ups and downs. A good episode usually consists of using very little of the female cast, sans Felicity. Laurel and Thea are a giant anchor to this show.

Flash compounds on the mistakes of Arrow. Iris's character is terrible. Caitlen is a complete bore. Cisco is tolerable. Flash has more plot holes and mind numbing drama, making a perfect fit for The CW. Flash could have been a very good show on a different network.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I would add another "superhero / hero" show to your periphery.

1a. Daredevil
    1b. Agent Carter
    2. Flash
    3. AoS
    4. Arrow

I don't watch Gotham.

Arrow has really been crappy over the latter part of the season. Not really sure what it is, but it's just not "drop everything and watch on Wednesday" as it was in the past.

Everything in Daredevil is good. Acting, fight scenes, the drama, the right use of Daredevil's "super powers," and the obvious shout-outs to future Netflix Marvel projects, like Iron Fist.

Agent Carter was a knockout hit, for me. I was skeptical at first (gorgeous girl + no real superhero gimmick = keep interest?), but Hayley Atwell can act. Great set pieces, great ending, and it gave some history into the Black Widow program.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Arrow and Daredevil are on a totally different level from the garbage that is Agents of Shield and Gothem

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I've only seen Agent Carter and Agents of Shield. Both are really good shows. However with Agents of Shield, I would consider skimming through the beginning and start post "Captain America - Winter Soldier", things really start picking up after that.

16. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I 2nd this list. I'm watching Daredevil now, and it is by far (IMO) better than the other shows. Arrow 1st 2 seasons is definitely 2nd though. But they are all like watching a nice wholesome series....

Daredevil on the other hand plays out like a complete movie. The action scenes and acting from the main characters is awesome.

17. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Arrow season 3 feels like its starting to pick up so Im interested to see what people think when its all said and done.

That being said..

1.Arrow
    2.Flash
    3.Daredevil(ive only watched the first 2 episodes)
    4. Gotham

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Lots of Batman cameo's, he just happens to be a young boy.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Haven't seen Arrow or Flash.

Have seen the other 3. Daredevil is the best of the three and it's not really close.

As for Gotham and AoS... I've seen every episode and am current, but I can't really endorse either one. AoS can be good but you'll waste plenty of hours before the show becomes worth a damn, and even then it's very inconsistent. I only care about 2 characters on the whole show (Fitz and Simmons).

Gotham is much less ambitious than AoS, and is more like those Criminal Minds / NCIS type shows with the Batman characters we all know and love. Young Catwoman is interesting; so is Penguin and occasionally Fish Mooney.

20. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I didn't know people actually like Arrow or the Flash. I didn't give either show a shot. I'll echo what most think: Daredevil is far and away the best, in part because it progresses slowly from police procedural into a more overt comic book show. Agents of Shield is my 2nd favorite, although I only watched the first season. From my understanding the later episodes are much better as it becomes more integrated into the Marvel universe and less random X-Files episodes. Gotham is decent. I have watched every episode but it doesn't require much of an attention span so I often fall asleep.

Generally: Netflix>ABC>Fox>CW