1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Between Gotham/Agent Shield/Arrow/Daredevil/Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Apr 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. VanityHalfBlack

Which show stands out. I really want to dive into them but damn dude, there's a lot of content. I just need to start on one of them to catch up. I'm kinda in-between Marvel/DC as I don't really have a favorite of the two properties but what I'm looking for most is: Action and a good story. Which should I start first? I don't know much about Arrow, maybe start there? Gotham intrigues me as I do love that universe, tons of action?

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I would start with Daredevil. It's been highly praised and it's less of a commitment since it's 1 season so far. Gotham is in it's first season too but it's still airing IIRC.

3. VanityHalfBlack

^definitely as I do have a netflix. Hulu doesn't even have all the episodes to Flash and Gotham??? It's only Ep 15-20 or something???

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I watch all of them. The shows quality go up and down.

Me personally Arrow season 2 is the best of them all, season one is pretty good also. Season 3 has fallen off.

Agents of Shield was terrible to start, but about 3/4 of the way through the first season it became my favorite show on network TV.

Daredevil is the quickest watch so it might be good to start. I liked it, but didn't love it as much as others.

Overall
    1.Arrow
    2.Agents of Shield
    3.Flash (better than Arrow season 3, not as good as seasons 1 and 2)
    4.Daredevil
    5.Gotham (not loving this show, something about it just isn't clicking)

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I didn't like Agents of Shield.

1. Arrow
    2. Flash
    3. Gotham
    4. Daredevil

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I watched maybe 4 or 5 episodes of Agents of Shield and stopped. I watched 2 episodes of Gotham and quit. But I loved Daredevil. It held my interest from beginning to end. Haven't seen any of the others.

7. TeachingLessons

AGENT CARTER, which had a short season run earlier this year on ABC, is pretty enjoyable as well. Highly recommend it.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Hah! Forgot about Carter. Damn more stuff to watch.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think that's what a lot of people did. Agents of Shield just started so boring, and seemed to go nowhere. Anybody thinking about watching the show will need to commit to watching the whole thing, because the temptation to quit will be great.

I think it's spectacular now, the best of them all, but you have to wade through a lot of crap to get there, which is why I still have Arrow above it.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

1. Arrow (because of the first 2 seasons)..
    2. Flash
    3. Daredevil
    4. Arrow Season 3

Watched Gotham and got bored. Same with Agents of Shield.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Daredevil; it's the most adult oriented on the entire list (thanks Netflix), and it's just damn well done. The fight choreography alone is reason to watch it. Once you've watched the end of episode 2, I promise you will be hooked.

Gotham is a stupid premise.
    Agents of Shield is kiddy oriented, and nothing really draws you in except Marvel ties.
    Flash is creature of the week, but the end scene threads that tie it all together are interesting.
    Arrow I can't speak to, but I wasn't really impressed.

12. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I started with Agents of Shield, i appreciate how they tie into the movies, but that caused the show to stall in season 1 and may have cost them some viewers.
    I recently started Arrow after the crossover episodes with Flash, I'm only 3/4 thru the first season, but its been pretty good, definitely better than I expected. I didn't watch it before because the end of the episode that would record at the beginning of my other recordings was really cheesy, odds are Ill get sucked in and watch it all.
    I really like The Flash, its starting to get really good.
    Ive seen 1 or 2 random episodes of Gotham, I really don't think ill be able to watch this one, it seems way too cheesy. Although I might have to reverse my opinion, it did fail me with Arrow season 1.
    I have yet to watch Agent Carter or Daredevil, both of them are short and Ill weekend binge them soon.

I would rank them:
    Agents of Shield
    The Flash
    Arrow

Haven't watched the other 3, but plan on watching Daredevil and Agent Carter soon. And by soon I mean after the playoffs probably.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Dude can you imagine if they do a punisher series??? Probably has to be on netflix or HBO or something, **** can get brutally violent.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

My rankings:
    1. Arrow
    2. The Flash
    3. Agents of Shield
    4. Daredevil

Arrow is the most complete of them all. Good story, action, drama, suspense. A bit too much CW teen romance, but a very good show. Season two is the best, season one is very good, season three has been alright.

The Flash, made by the same people from Arrow, has done very well in its freshman season. It dived into the season plot quickly, only the first few weeks were freak-of-the-week. Quality is very good.

Agents of Shield gets docked points for having a crappy first season half. Cheesy, freak-of-the-week, and terrible to watch. If you do watch, watch the first two episodes to get introduced to the characters, then skip to the second half of season one. Picks up a lot during Captain America time. The rest of it is alright.

Daredevil, not a big fan. I find the characters boring and flat. You'd like it a lot for the fight choreography since you're a big fan of action and The Raid, but it's story and characters are the weakest. I'm near the end and still not enjoying it. Started off strong because it was different and new, but it got stale quickly.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

At this point I can almost guarantee you Punisher will either show up in Daredevil (likely) or get his own show in the future. Since Marvel is doing the movies, he could even show up as a Spiderman villain. I would say it's much more likely he pops up on Netflix though. Netflix seems to be Marvel's more adult oriented experiment. (A.K.A. Jessica Jones will definitely have some dark stuff dealing with Purple Man as the primary villain.)

16. VanityHalfBlack

I think Punisher might be my favorite of the bunch. I'm not a gun nut or a republican or anything but the dude is just a badass. The anti-hero that just wants to gun down drug lords, hah!

17. VanityHalfBlack

I still have this game, hah!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UicYhKtRHgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flash is an easy binge watch because seasons 1 & 2 are on Netflix and they are both really good. I haven't watched flash yet waiting for it and season 3 of Arrow to hit Netflix. I have Daredevil on my to do list, as well. Unlike the others, I have enjoyed Gotham. It is different because it isn't batman but that isn't a bad thing. I don't care for the Fish Mooney storyline but the rest hasn't been as bad as others portray it, as long as, you can temper your expectations down from a Batman epic.

19. MykTek

MykTek Member

1. Agents of Shield (you have to watch the whole series and Winter soldier to get the whole affect in Season 1 since they tie in together majorly)

2. Flash (the stories is fast and furious in Season 1, not really a slow moment)

3. Daredevil (more dark/adult series Marvel has)

4. Agent Carter (watching it episode week by week sucked, watching it back to back, it was much better)

5. Arrow (you have failed this city to Superhero Days of our lives... fyi, haven't seen the last 4-5 episodes, but I heard its much better than the beginning of season 3)

6. Gotham (Gordon's story is interesting (hot girlfriends) but can we get a Batman cameo?)

20. body slam

body slam Member

I started Arrow, Agents of the Shield, and Gotham but could not stick with them. Never watched Flash or Carter. Daredevil is the nest series I start on netflix. So my vote goes to Smallville