1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better NBA Career: Brandon Ingram or Ben Simmons

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Honey Bear, May 18, 2016.

?

Better NBA career

1. Brandon Ingram , Lakers

62.3%
  2. Ben Simmons , 6ers

37.7%
  1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

A perfect example of talent being nurtured by a terrible organization vs an amazing one.

By the end of it, we'll see a LeBron vs Carmelo career path with Ingram occupying the mantle. Great to see a dynasty back in LA, it's a relief as an unbiased fan.

2. dmoneybangbang

Melo never had the physical traits Lebron has. I think Melo v LBJ and Simmons v Ingram is an interesting comparison, but Simmons simply has the tools. Ingram can certainly be a Durant/Melo-lite player.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think Ingram is the better talent and I think the 76ers take him especially since he plays a greater position of need and the direction of the league being wing dominant. Lakers get screwed with simmons.

4. dmoneybangbang

Ingram just feels more like a gunner instead of someone with overall talent.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I don't think Simmons is a lock for #1.

I like Ingram over Simmons.

6. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Simmons looks like Magic to me. I'm surprised i never hear the analogy. Simmons can be great in the right system.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Simmons probably forces his way to LA like Kobe so i chose Simmons.

8. 713

713 Member

I think both will be busts. Both have glaring flaws.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I know Simmons is the consensus fav however given the losing culture in Philly and the fact that they already have 3 PF prospects on the team (4 if you count the dude in Europe) they really should get Ingram instead.

Ever since the Rockets drafted Morris over Kawhi I've put more stock in health and character/work ethic than talent because for every Cousins out there who comes in with questions about his work ethic but succeeded you have 10 Melos who just pump up their stats, 100 Gays who never realized their full potential and 1000 Morris Whites who never pan out. If Philly was picking in the 2+ range than maybe they can get away with Simmons but if they're picking first IMHO they should just get Ingram because Simmons seems to be Rudy Gay 2.0, he avoids contact and doesn't defend. At least Gay could should mid-range Js to make up for his passive play, I'm not sure how Simmons is gonna contribute in the NBA.

Ingram at least has a working jumper, and like Simmons he's also extremely athletic. Unlike Simmons though Ingram has shown to be a hard worker and he's also really young, his ceiling is actually higher than Simmons at this point considering his age.

10. rockets13champs

I believe simmons must play PG to be a star. Like Magic he can be a 6-9 PG

Astrodome likes this.
  11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Simmons is like Michael Beasley.

12. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Get your votes in , get your votes in

Be a part of a ground breaking poll

Laker dynasty begins

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. don grahamleone

[​IMG]

15. don grahamleone

[​IMG]

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It'll be interesting to see how this looks in few years once someone bumps it.... But I'm thinking Lakers will come out ahead on this (blah).. we'll see though.

csc177 likes this.
  17. csc177

csc177 Member

Bumping per the last comment in 2016 and I really hope there’s a pathway to bring Ingram to Hou over Simmons. Is there?