1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Franchise Player: Yao or Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsAstros, Nov 4, 2004.

Tags:
?

1. Yao

237 vote(s)
    64.4%
  2. Francis

131 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. RocketsAstros

RocketsAstros Contributing Member

It's Great! I've seen many posts bashing Francis in the past, and now I am seeing posts bashing Yao. The thing that gets me is that it is the same people that were bashing Francis for the Rockets lack of success the past two years, are the same people bashing Yao for the lack of success in the past two. This thread is not for people that are going to change opinions on the matter without admitting to everyone in the BBS that they were wrong for doing so. It is for people that are going to take a stance and stick to it! Everyone has the right to change their opinions, but this post is for people that are so adamant on their decision.

Please choose your stance now, and remember that everyone will be able to see your vote for future reference in case you try to weasel out of your choice later. We have all season to see how it will play out. Remember there is no switching without losing a lot of respectability on the BBS!

I'll go first: Stevie Franchise!!!!!

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

People tend to jump the gun to much BUT not me im still goin w/ Yao. Even though i think he did pretty bad the last 2 games. He will come around and these so called bashers will move on to som1 else.

3. prlen

prlen Member

Did you want tons of posts bashing you right now ,
    I'll go first.

Stop acting like a kid!

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You gotta go with the big guy, really the only PG you should take over Yao is a healthy Jason Kidd but since he's not Yao has to be taken before every PG in the NBA not just Francis.

5. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Easy. Yao.

6. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

The way Yao is playing right now doesn't make this as easy as it should be. Anytime you are matched up against Loren "bean pole" Woods your eyes should light up like a christmas tree.

7. rocketsmetalspd

Who cares about Steve. The Rockets will get better as the season rolls along. Yao will be the man once he figures out what the other teams are throwing at him. He will adjust and will take over games. I wish he would show the emotions he had during the Olympics.:D

8. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

Francis plays with his heart. Tmac plays to play. I miss franchise.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Great. After 2 games, this thread comes up. Ridiculous.

10. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Yao !!!!!!!!!

No way am I Yao bashing.

Just let us express our frustration for some disappointing play because we passionately love our Rockets.

We'll get over it once we get into the playoffs,

unless we don't get in the playof.....uggghhhhh

11. mdoan

mdoan New Member

I am a huge Rocket fan. After, we trade Steve, Cat, and Cato, I almost watch the Magic play then the Rocket. Rocket is such now. No leader, No chemistry. Nothing. I doubt TMac and Yao game work out.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

I do want to remind people there is a board just like this for the Olandao Magic.

13. leehoang

leehoang Member

You cant win a championship without a big man.

Yao > Francis

14. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

People here have to bash someone when we are doing bad. When Steve was here, he was the bad guy, now is Yao's turn, if we trade Yao, then T-Mac is going to take the blame.

I guess bashing someone else just make some people feel good.

15. Toast

Toast Member

Steve Francis is a triple-double threat in every game. Right now, Yao's still full of "potential." So I'm gonna go with undecided ... for now.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yao by far.

He will have a mismatch most every night. Steve doesn't.

Steve plays with tons of heart, but very little brains, heck last night they almost choked away a 12 point 4th quarter lead.

Let the dust settle we will be better for it.

DD

17. noize

noize Contributing Member

Thats exactly how I felt. Its ashamed really that we always need to single out someone and undeservingly so. I'm not gonna pick either one since I like both of them the same.

18. Just B

Just B Member

Now you all know I'm a HUGE francis fan, but even I'll admit that when you're building your franchise, a good center's rare as hell these days. So i'll say Yao. Players with Francis' strengths aren't that rare, but players like Yao are very hard to come by.

19. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

If there was a draft today between these 2 'franchise' players (COUGHING) who would every GM in the entire league pick number 1? Ok, there's your answer.

We're 2 games in and people are back on the 'franchise' bandwagon. Can't wait until the end of the year....

20. RocketsAstros

RocketsAstros Contributing Member

If there was a draft today between these 2 'franchise' players (COUGHING) who would every GM in the entire league pick number 1? Ok, there's your answer.

Very interesting, and you are correct. But, now that we are in Yao's third full season, and he still is not showing big improvement, I just can't see why. I know he has a lot of "potential", but we have not seen him get better in 3 years. Someone else remarked that he looked better in his rookie season than he does now. We all know what Francis is going to give us, which is about 23pts 7 assist and 6 rebouds (give or take a little). And we know that Yao could "potentially" give us more. How long are people willing to wait for his potential to come to fruition. I could see if he was like Hakeem and did not pick up a basketball till he was in his late teens, but this guy has been playing professional ball since he was a kid! That's why I picked francis and will stay with him.