1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Jan 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On Talking Saul a revelation of an after show audience voted 80% that Jim should not forgive Chuck.... tells all there is

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

agreed.

We as the audience are at our happiest watching Saul.

Gene and McGill are just shadows of Saul Goodman.

Likable but as fun to watch as Goodman.

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

And that was the 'hit hitting the fan...:eek:

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Waiting for next week is going to be torture.

It looks like we're finally going to get to the intensity everybody wants this show to get to, one way or another. It would be difficult to avoid. Mike finally has a "big" job, and Jimmy is about to get at least cussed out, if not fired, as a thank-you for one of the biggest successes of his career (which seems to me like a good potential catalyst for him "becoming Saul").

The time... it's going too slowly... :mad:

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Great episode. Next week should be a peach.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Great show... the only slight negative (which isn't even a negative) is that they're trying too hard to try and "date" the show (which is supposed to be set around 2002).

Yes, cell phone technology hadn't quite evolved yet... but VCR's had already started to be phased out, with most video stores (while they were still around) switching totally to DVD's. Hell, Replay TV (which eventually led to TIVO) was already on the market. There was one too many VCR's in this last episode.

Mike and his transistor radio was also a little bit much...

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

start geeky response

Yeah, this is a little minor. But I'll join you in discussing.

Jimmy would likely have a VCR, still...the poor, cheap bastid he is. Plus, him having a tape for the commercial and taking it to the office makes sense. A law firm having VCR's as primary A/V equipment is correct, as most (if not all) of their video library for depositions was likely on tape.

Also, we don't actually see a VHS tape for The Thing. Could have been a DVD. And since Kerry (and her dad) where so into the genre, that might have been a tape she brought vs rented. Not to mention The Thing probably wasn't available in Blockbuster, so only the eccentric video stores that would still have tape.

/end geeky response

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Was mainly referring to the VCR at Jimmy's swanky corporate apartment... with what looked like a brand new big-screen TV. Just seemed forced, but I agree that VHS tapes would have been the standard for commercial shoots (hell, there are still local news segments/broadcasts/commercials that rely on non-digital media).

I just think they're stuck stressing the late 90's tech aspects (which were pretty well defined with flip-phones, still VCR, non HD/non flat screen big screen TVs, fax machines), rather than the 2002-2003 tech.... probably because the early aught's were an awkward period before the smart-revolution occurred.

Hell, there's a gross absence of palm-pilot/blackberry/handheld PC's (along with simply laptops in general) that did have a decent run during that era (before smartphones took over for good in 2007-2008).

#128 Nick, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I thought the first 40 minutes of this were really slow.

Mike eating reminds me of a turtle.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This episode was pretty slow, but it was to set up the big plots of this season.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That is saying something for such a sloooow show.

This hour episode Saul made a commercial and Mike asked a guy about a job.

12. omgTHEpotential

Yes, the show is slow, but that doesn't bother me that much. I really enjoy some of the cinematography... Lots of very interesting camera angles and interesting ideas (not really a part of the plot as much as it is to accentuate the plot) executed through that stellar camera work.

13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Anyone else think Gus would be the dude asking for a job at the end?

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I thought it was the guy who stole the baseball cards. He needs someone taken care of.

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Yeah that's what I was hoping for, they hinted before the season that BB fans would be really excited to see a certain character.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

It was the financial investor character from the first episode who had to pay for the tequila. He was in BB.

17. omgTHEpotential

Maybe it's Tuco Salamanca?

18. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I know who he was, but I was hoping that wasn't the big reveal haha.

It was a good one, but I was expecting someone bigger.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Well it seems Mike will meet Gus thru these jobs. Jimmy will keep getting knocked down while doing the right thing that he eventually says f it.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

So, let's see. We have the following appearing in this episode: Crazy 8. Walt's gun dealer. Tuco. Yep.

#140 dandorotik, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016