1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BETA Sign-Up] Movie Pass Service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCAhmed, Jan 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Not sure if anybody notice, but the unlimited movies is now gone, the offer now is $9.95/month for 4 movies a month, which is still better than Cinemark's $8.99/month for 1 ticket, 20% off concessions MovieClub offering

Maybe it will come back, but I highly doubt it

2. Bob Barker 007

The good deal will come back.

[​IMG]

3. Dave2000

weird, wonder if they are doing this just for the summer cause they'll know the subscriber base will shoot up with the weekly movies coming out starting next week with Avengers Infinity War

4. Dave2000

So did anybody get this email?

5. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Didn't receive this, but I saw people on the Movie Pass subreddit talking about this a few weeks ago. I think they've slowly been implementing this for select customers for a little while now. Makes sense that they'd want to verify that people aren't trying to abuse the system.

6. Dave2000

yea, I'm one of those guys, don't abuse it as much as I did when i started, oh wells

FYI, they changed it where you can only watch a movie once, fitting they changed it with Avengers out

https://moviepass.zendesk.com/hc/en...an-t-I-see-the-same-movie-more-than-once-now-

#146 Dave2000, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Thank the abusers for the new stricter policies.

8. jsingles

jsingles Member

I stupidly didn't sign up for the service about 3 weeks or so ago and instead thought I'd wait until my summer break to do so. Now the daily movie deal isn't available. Really kicking myself for this one. I have two theaters within about 5 miles I could have gone to. I was literally going to see a 9 or 10AM movie 3-4 days a week while everyone else was working.

9. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

yeah i got it. i think it was mentioned in another e-mail awhile back that they were rolling that out. i don't think its for just people they think are abusing it...just rolling out slowly.

so all you do is check in...print your ticket...then snap a photo of the stub and you're good?

10. Dave2000

yup, it's seems seamless but haven't bought at ticket yet since my app updated

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I understand them preventing multiple viewings of the same movie with Avengers coming out. There are so many people who will want to see that multiple times (I've seen it twice already and probably will see it again soon), but it does really suck though and it goes back on their "1 movie per day" that they sold a ton of people on. Dont get me wrong 10/mo to see a movie daily is still an amazing value and the majority of the time I wouldn't see a movie twice (and in the past when I have the first time I saw the movie was without movie pass because it was an IMAX/Dolby Cinema/Advance Ticket purchase etc) but not being able to does suck. With Avengers out there are very few movies playing at the theaters nearby (with Avengers taking up a majority of the screens) so it I dont really have many options. I was thinking of maybe re-watching Ready Player One to see if I can catch more Easter Eggs etc but I could not.

Again I dont think its a deal breaker for me and I am not surprised that they put this into place, I just think the way they did it (really no announcement at all) and the timing of it on the Avengers release date really upset a lot of people. If they did this a month ago I think people would be upset but would have adapted by now. It seems like this decision was made fairly last minute the way it was executed. I get it though, they would probably lose a fortune from the multiple repeated viewings of Avengers from subscribers.

I haven't gotten the "beta-tester" email yet though again the whole "beta-tester" term is such a joke since if you dont follow it you will get banned from the service. Its a simple request and it helps combat fraud. I am upset that it has come down to that though. Its such an amazing service, yet people still feel the need to abuse it or commit fraud (read online people were using it to buy advance tickets, gift cards, premium screenings, etc) Again for 10/mo if I had to send in a quick snap of the ticket stub that is not an issue for me personally.

Still an amazing service at 10/mo (the new 10/mo one movie a week still isnt bad at all since thats usually what I average) but their PR/marketing needs a ton of work. They could have handled these last two major changes a lot better than they have.

J Sizzle likes this.
  12. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

The $9.95 unlimited movies deal is back!

jsingles likes this.
  13. jsingles

jsingles Member

Nice! Thanks for the quote or I'd likely have missed it.

Signed up, hopefully the card doesn't take long to get here. I have a reason to see Avengers a few more times now.

#153 jsingles, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Premium format screenings on the way allegedly.
    [​IMG]

jsingles likes this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

16. Dave2000

i feel bad for the people that paid for a year in advance, I'm still month to month

Sinemia has some decent deals and more sustainable pricing, but it's prepay for a full year and it's not a movie a day

https://www.sinemia.com/new-plans/us/houston-1

17. Dave2000

18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

I'm one of the people who paid for a year in advance, but luckily when they dropped it to $6.95/month. I think I'll get my moneys worth before they go bottom's up though.

Dave2000 likes this.
  19. Dave2000

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...h-movie-ticket-program-take-moviepass-1121741

Game changer.....

Benefits:
    3 movies a week (Fri-Thurs) but don't roll over
    Can reserve advance tickets online
    Can be used on Premium screenings (3D, IMax, Dolby)
    Can see the same movie as much as you want
    Can use all 3 credits in 1 day if you want, but has to be 2 hours after the last movie you watched

I mostly go to AMC, Cinemark, SMG, and Edwards. I'll get this and still keep my MoviePass to go to Cinemark/Edwards/Studio Movie Grill

Snow Villiers likes this.
  20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

I probably won't jump on this. There are no good AMCs in the loop. I only go to AMC Deerbrook when I get the urge to see a movie right when I get off of work. If this included more theater chains (especially Edwards), I would consider it after Movie Pass dies. I'll probably just end up paying matinee prices when that day comes.