1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[BETA Sign-Up] Movie Pass Service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCAhmed, Jan 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

whoa...any confirmation about that fee being waived on 12/31? if so i'm cancelling the service.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  4. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Looks like Regal is getting ready to unveil their service.
    [​IMG]

Dave2000 likes this.
  5. Dave2000

interesting, good to have competition

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What’s the monthly cost for the Regal plan? Those are the theaters I usually go to so I’m definitely getting it if it’s a good price

7. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Rumor is $25 but nothing has been confirmed as far as pricing.

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. Dave2000

Found this article

https://929tomfm.iheart.com/feature...limited-movie-subscription-service-to-launch/

interesting take on paying a difference for premium if you don't have the top tier access

If it's true for $25/month for top tier that includes all the premiums (IMax, RDX, 4DX) that's worth it alone

#248 Dave2000, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Thanks!!

I’m probably more inclined to get the lesser tiered plans. I generally am good for about 3 movies a month, not terribly concerned with IMAX or any upgraded viewing experiences like that. If there’s a 3 movie plan for something like 15 a month like my Sinemia subscription recently, I am alllllll in.

Can’t wait!

Dave2000 likes this.
  10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Damn Regal and Cinemark are the two closest theaters by me but the Regal doesn't have any special screens like imax etc. The Cinemark does but it doesnt have the recliner chairs (the Regal does). While Cinemark hasn't release a program yet they may be forced to if all the other major chains do.

I still drive a bit further for AMC just because of the price point and ability to see Dolby for the same cost. I may switch to regal though depending on the price and what their plan includes.

11. Dave2000

Regal Unlimited Announced

https://www.regmovies.com/static/en/us/unlimited

It's not bad, what kind of kills it for me is that all the theaters in Texas EXCEPT for the 2 closest to me by work (Marq*E/Weslayn) locations are on the $18 tier, if I want those 2 near my work, it's $21/month.

The surcharge for premium formatted screens sucks compared to AMC, but the Marq*E is the only "true" IMax theater in town plus they have the 4DX screen. I figured if watch at least 1 premium format movie and pay with the surcharge, it pays for itself and the rest are free. It's tempting but having the Dolby/Fake IMax access at AMC is a big plus for me.