1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best TV shows to binge-watch.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

First season was great! If you stop there you will be happy. Whatever you do, don't go down the road of watching more. S2 you'll be, meh, and by S3/S4 you'll be very very disappointed.

I'll mention by the most under rated Sci-Fi show no one has listed yet. Farscape. That show started a bit slow and just got better and better week after week. I binged on that show like crazy towards the end. And unlike Firefly/Serenity (Still disappointed they cancelled that show, it had potential) the whole series gets wrapped up nicely at the end with the Peacekeeper Wars movie.

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Does anyone recommend Falling Skies? I've a caught a couple of reruns on TNT here and there. It was intriguing

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I started this show, but we stopped at the beginning of season 2. I cannot say why exactly we stopped watching, it was nice enough, but there were many other series we liked better.

Sometime a series is just missing something which make you like it (like 90% of Skyfy series, the ideas is usually great, but there is always someting missing), and that was the case for me here.

So if you liked it you can continue, because for me there was not something clear why we stopped watching, but do not expect a brilliant show.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't binge watch anything but the Rockets usually, and try to stay far away from reality shows and drama shows but there is 2 show I binge watched

Jericko on netflix, only 4 seasona but it was pretty goof

And King of the Hill, I binged watched the **** out of that show! Watched all 13 seasons twice one summer. Absolutely love that cartoon.

5. body slam

body slam Member

Started Firefly last week. First episode took a few tries to get through, but now I'm having a hard time limiting myself to one episode a night.

1 person likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

To the people who mentioned Babylon 5, bravo!

Best sci fi show in history. (my rankings change a lot, but B5 is always #1-#3 for me.) Binge watching is the best way to watch honestly because it is one big story arch (at least the first 4 seasons, the 5th is like a sequel season almost but the season finale is a must!)

I believe it is on Amazon Prime as well but I'm not 100% sure. It had a low budget so sometimes the production values are wacked, but the storyline and the characters get so good over time that it doesn't matter. Londo Molari and G'Kar are two of the greatest tv characters ever. The actors grow into the roles so much by the second season...

There are two tv movies that accompany the show that are a must as well: In the Beginning and The Gathering.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

As a loyal watcher that has seen every episode into the new season, NO, I cannot recommend it. If you are a sci fi die hard like me that can even watch a C movie on the Sci Fi channel like Blood Lake, then you might enjoy it long term. However, it falls off hard pretty quickly and the storyline resets are just weird and convoluted.

It has one of the most frustrating traits that a show can have in my opinion and that is doing some sort of hard reset button push at the beginning of new seasons that make the prior season's "BIG EVENTS" mean nothing anymore.

8. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Luther is on Netflix. Awesome show. 3 very short seasons. Idris Elba is such a badass in the show.

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved the modern version of Battlestar Galactica. Are they similar at all, other than being scifi set in space?

10. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Bates Motel, Band of Brothers, Carnivale, Silicon Valley, Generation Kill, Ray Donovan, The Pacific and Six Feet Under are some shows I've enjoyed that i haven't seen mentioned.

I am currently watching a show called Strike Back on Cinemax so far the first two episodes were pretty good

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Justified on Amazon Prime.

I've seen some badasses in the television world, none like Boyd Crowder & Deputy Marshal Raylan Givens.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Babylon 5 is similar to Deep Space 9; It's nothing like BSG.

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

It's only one season so far, but Fargo is a must

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

G'kar maybe the best . . . Very Quotable.

The humans on the constant screwed over him and he pushed on and on.

Rocket River

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My favorite.

Rocket River

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

I just watch for Seychelle Gabriel.

17. conquistador#11

this girl i was banging, if you know what i mean, suggested I watch SUITS. I was like how good can a show on USA home of silk stalkings be? But I watched 2 episodes in a row and before I knew it I'd viewed season 1 in its entirety in one sunday. the character louis/lewis/luis is my favorite and I can't stand the guy.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

looks like someone got LITT UP!

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Babylon 5 and DS9 are my two favorite sci fi shows ever. With DS9, you have to let seasons 1 & 2 lay the foundation and then it goes to an unbelievable level. My heart broke during the final scene of the final episode. I still replay it in my mind sometimes. Awesome!

B5 had the slow opening season before ascending to greatness.

Firefly was awesome but it only lasted the one season. Utter shame. I must admit that part of me thinks the magic may not have continued had it lasted longer. But knowing Joss Whedon, it probably would have gotten better.