1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best trio in the league...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tigermission1, Jul 30, 2007.

1. jason_long

jason_long Member

KG/Pierce/Allen no doubt, but i doubt they will do well together, since the team has absolutely no money to sign any good role players.

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

I would rank them as follows:

1) Celtics

2) Spurs

3) Suns

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I would say it has to be between the Suns and the Celtics, with the Spurs in a solid third. The rest of them have one or two really good players, but a significant dropoff by number three.

4. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

good job, guys.
    up to now, no votes for the mavs.

5. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

You forgot the other TRIO in the NETS... KIDD, VC, and Jefferson... But they aint all that...

6. YaoFanatic

YaoFanatic Member

Suns have the best 3 talent wise, followed by Celts, then Rox projecting into the upcoming season:
    1] Amare(top 10), Nash (top 10), Marion (top 20)
    2] KG (top 10), Pierce (top 20), Allen (top 20)
    3] Yao (top 10), TMac (top 20), Francis (top 30)
    A top 10 player is a legitimate MVP candidate
    A top 20 player is a definite All-Star
    A top 30 player is a near All-Star

7. AGBee

AGBee Member

ESPN poll

9) Assuming the trade becomes official, which team would have the best trio in the NBA?

54.4% Celtics: Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, and Paul Pierce
    24.3% Suns: Shawn Marion, Steve Nash, and Amare Stoudemire
    16.6% Spurs: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobli
    1.6% Nuggets: Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson, and Marcus Camby
    1.4% Pistons: Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups
    1.2% Nets: Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, and Richard Jefferson
    0.5% Wizards: Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison, and Caron Butler

Rockets aren't even a choice :p

8. baller4life315

The rational side of me was ready to vote for the Spurs but as a Rockets fan how could I honestly not vote "Rockets"? :)

9. what

what Member

that's about right. The only time the rockets win this debate is on this board. Steve freakin francis?

Beyond that, I'll take Duncan, Parker and Ginobli all day long. But it will be interesting, if the celtics can get themselves a strong-minded point guard then they will be tough to beat.

10. BigM

BigM Member

t-mac is an mvp candidate. i believe he was 4th just last season.

talent-wise it's between boston and phoenix, i'll give the edge to phoenix because i know how well they work together.

houston has a top two. it remains to be seen who rises to be that third guy but theres quite a few players on the roster that have that capability, probably led by steve francis. the rockets are deep now, we don't need to think about top 3. we have like a top 8.

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

I said the Spurs. Can't argue with results.

But it was close with the Rockets and Suns. It's probably Spurs > Suns > Rockets right now. But depending on the play of T-Mac, the progress of Yao, and the chemistry with Francis, the Rockets could be #1 soon.

12. pasox2

pasox2 Member
    Supporting Member

Just to add another 3 star team, you have the Knicks with Marbury, Randolph, and Curry.

Def. a trend.

13. munco

munco Member

Is Francis our third best player right now?
    I think a lot of people especially outside of this board would argue that.

14. hanlong

hanlong Member

as much as i love the houston rockets, we are talking about the best TRIO here (not best 4 player or 5 player lineup).

the celtics are the best trio atm. however they dont have anyone but those 3 so...

its like if we traded all of our players for another prennial all-star to form a trio, we'd probably have the best trio (with Yao and McGrady), but we probably won't do as well as if we didn't trade away the whole team just for one really good player.

15. Zboy

Zboy Member

Based on individual talent alone, I would go with the Celtics trio. (I am assuming that's what the poll is asking)

Spurs trio is not as talented but has good discipline/coaching/system surrounding them so they are proven.

Suns trio has a glaring weakness. Only Nash is capable of creating offense for himself and his team. Amare and especially Marion are very limited in creating offense. All three members of Spurs and Celtics are very capable of creating offense.

Sorry my fellow Rocket Homers but Rockets trio is below the other three. Francis is obviously the glaring weakness in Rockets trio. Yao still has lots of room for improvement and Tmac seems to be on a decline. That does not mean Rockets cant be the better team. Rockets system/coaching/bench can still make them winners. See Spurs for example.

Top trio based on talent: Celtics
    Top trio based on how they fit in a system: Spurs

16. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

the Rockets should not even be in the discussion for trio in order to have a trio your 3 players have to perform at near the same level for the Rockets yao-tmac are so much ahead of francis that it doesn't work.

That's like saying Kobe-Shaq-Fisher is a trio

17. okierock

okierock Member

Too bad they don't have anything left to trade... we have a couple extra point guards.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I can't believe the Rox are winning this. I mean I know its a Rockets site but... We might have the best video game trio.

19. professorjay

professorjay Member

I can't call it. Way too close between the Celtics and Suns. On paper the Celtics trio is way sexier. As pure talent they're tops. But having the best pg in Nash, an inside presence like Stoudemire, and then Marion who can knock it down from outside or slash inside is a more well-rounded trio.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I voted Rockets. It continues to astound me how much people have forgotten how good Steve was just three years ago...and for a year and a half of that, he sat around and rested.