1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Shrimp Recipes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Two Sandwiches

I love Shrimp! I just cooked off 18 of these delicious little things for lunch(4.00 for lunch is not bad!). In honor of Summer fast approaching, I'd like to know what your favorite shrimp recipes are.

The way I cooked these:
    Used some basting oil I bought at a local grocery store (basically olive oil flavored with garlic and herbs) to marinate the shrimp for about 5 minutes a side.Then I threw them on the George Foreman grill (too cold to grill outside here). While they were grilling I basted them with a little bit of Asian Barbecue sauce I also bought at the store. The only have to grill for like 2 or 3 minutes, especially on the George.

Yumm!

2. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There, uh, shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole... shrimp gumbo, panfried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp... shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... that's, that's about it.

3. Fatty FatBastard

Shrimp Scampi:

1/4 cup olive oil
    1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp (raw; 20 to 25 per lb)
    4 large garlic cloves, left unpeeled and forced through a garlic press
    1/2 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    5 tablespoons unsalted butter
    3/4 lb capellini (angel-hair pasta)
    1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot of salted water to a boil.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Add garlic to oil remaining in skillet along with red pepper flakes, wine, salt, and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp. Remove skillet from heat.

Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander. Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture and parsley in large bowl, adding some of reserved cooking water if necessary to keep moist.

4. droxford

droxford Member

There used to be a restaurant here named Chef G's that had some delicious shrimp brochette. It was grilled shrimp on a stick wrapped with cheese and bacon..... mmmm... I wish I had that recipe!

5. oomp

oomp Member

Pappasito's Brochette Shrimp - Copycat Recipe

SERVES 2 (change servings and units)

Ingredients
    12 large shrimp
    6 slices bacon, cut in half
    1 fresh jalapeno
    1 slice monterey jack cheese, thick
    1 tablespoon paprika
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    1/2 cup butter
    1/4 cup white wine
    wooden skewers, soaked in water

Directions
    1 Clean and devein shrimp, leaving the last section and tails intact.
    2 With a paring knife, carefully slice each shrimp from tail to tip.
    3 Wash and seed jalapeno, and cut into a pieces about 1/2-inch X 1/2-inch squares.
    4 Cut slice of cheese into 12 small pieces.
    5 Stuff one small piece of cheese and one small piece of jalapeno into each shrimp.
    6 Wrap a half slice of bacon around each shrimp.
    7 Place shrimp on a wet skewer.
    8 Repeat this process until all shrimp have been placed on skewers.
    9 Place in refrigerator for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
    10 Mix the paparika, cayenne pepper and black pepper together.
    11In a small skillet, heat butter and white wine until butter is completely melted.
    12 Prepare grill.
    13 ~note~I use my indoor grill, but these can be made on an outdoor grill too, but I would use a low flame!
    14 Remove shrimp from fridge and brush completely with melted butter.
    15 Sprinkle with seasonings.
    16 Grill on each side until shrimp are done.

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

this HAD to be the first responsive post to this thread. kudos to you.