1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Shooter of All Time?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FoOLiSh_AzN, Mar 9, 2010.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I though he had a chance to be at the top. But then hard to argue with Nash and Reggie Miller.

And I totally forgot about Kerr. His 3p% was insane.

3. albuster

albuster Member

Maybe Reggie Miller, but folks, you should have seen Craig Hodges when he played for the Jordan Bulls. He was flat out awesome.

4. albuster

albuster Member

What about Bernard King? I don't see any shooter as good as him today.

5. Asian Sensation

He played less than 3 and a half seasons for the Jordan Bulls averaging like 6 points. Real awesome. NOT.

He did well in the 3pt contest and that's about all he did.

6. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

J.R. Smith
    Eddie House
    Glen Rice

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

The 2 point % also includes lay-ups and dunks though right? It would be better if it just separated out the midrange shots but I guess that data isn't available.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

1. Larry Bird
    2. Reggie Miller
    3. Ray Allen

... :eek:

--RB

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I would have thought Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf aka Chris Jackson would have been on the list...

10. tomjc

tomjc Member

the fact that matt maloney and detif shremph didn't make the list is a travesty

11. tomjc

tomjc Member

Reggie Miller is an overrated 3 point shooter... he's in the picture because he takes a lot of threes, not sure about how accurate he makes them compared with above avg 3 pointers.

12. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I wasn't exposed to NBA basketball until the late 90s, so I can't comment on players before that time period like Larry Legend.

But watching the sequence of Reggie Miller shoving Jordan to create separation, then running the other direction, curling around the 3 point line, catching the pass, draining the game-winning 3, and doing his little jump-spin celebration is forever imprinted in my brain. :grin:

It's Miller Time!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xr9ldg2jL3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xr9ldg2jL3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

what happened to dana barros.

14. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Not the best, but somehow he was always my favorite shooter.

Especially that one season with the Hornets, when it seemed he just couldn't miss.

Of course he kept playing too long when his knees were totally shot, but who really would give up the money.

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Larry Bird

anyone else...percentages be damned!

The Legend!!!

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

"Who's going for second?"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvzIPnfSaDI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvzIPnfSaDI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

he's right there..#10 all time on Hollinger's list

18. Precision340

Precision340 Member

same here.. i was caught by surprise when i saw him on the list of top 10... not too bad of company... great shooters, all of them

19. C-Mo

C-Mo Member

I'm surprised he didn't make the list either. Abdul-Rauf shot 90% from the free throw line and 35.4% from 3 for his career. He was a great shooter and I liked watching him play. Especially when he dropped 50 on the Jazz one time. Gotta love that!

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Shooters = shot MAKERS, not shot takers. Which is how people like Aaron Brooks arent on the list though he leads the league in 3's.