1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Running RB in the NFL

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by OldSchool34, Dec 30, 2009.

?

Best Running RB in the NFL?

1. Chris Johnson

61.8%
  2. Adrian Peterson

25.7%
  3. Maurice Jones-Drew

3.9%
  4. Steven Jackson

2.0%
  5. Ray Rice

0.7%
  6. DeAngelo Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. STEVE SLATON

5.3%
  8. Other (Give the name)

0.7%
  1. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Been a lot of debate over this, these are the names that are usually mentioned. Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Stephen Jackson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Deangelo Williams, etc.

It's been a giant debate, but with the type of season Chris Johnson is having it's very hard not to say he's the better Running back. We all knew what Adrian Peterson did last season, but this season? Not so much. Although It's understandable to expect Peterson's numbers to regress with Favre's presence there, it's apparent that his weaknesses are still there, like fumbling. My take is Chris Johnson is the best RB in the NFL right now,

I'm sorry to disappoint you Texan fans that hate the Titans, but It's hard not to say Chris Johnson is the best running back in the league. I love Peterson and I love him more than CJ, but CJ could break the all-time rushing record next week.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

It's not even about AD's numbers...it's the fact that he's fumbling all over the place.

3. DieHard Rocket

As good as Johnson and AP are, I'd have to take MJD at the moment. AP's fumble problems aren't going away, and while Johnson is a remarkable talent he doesn't have the ability to punish a defense physically and control the ball. Don't get me wrong, his homerun ability is second to none, I'm just more old fashioned I guess and like the ball control ability to go along with homerun speed.

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I think Chris Johnson is the best. He runs the ball well and catches it well. AD is a beast and has really improved in the passing game this year but he has fumbled too much. I think Steven Jackson is third because he continues to put up great numbers even though the Rams have a bad offensive line.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Chris Johnson....

The man is a beast on Madden too.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Hell I would take SJax (behind a good O-line :grin: ) over AD.

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Chris Johnson has the best line in the league.

Adrian Peterson has a great line, fumbles TOO much.

Maurice Jones-Drew does the most for his team. Best blocker, best receiver out of all of them. I'll take Jones-Drew.

8. RocketMania1991

Peterson/Jones Drew IMO.

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

I agree with you. If SJax had a good line or even a decent team, he would be tearing it up. We just don't hear much about him since he plays for the Rams.

10. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

I said the same, but in these past weeks I was convinced Johnson was superior, especially when I was watching CBS in the pre-game shows and Shannon Sharpe said things that convinced me CJ20 Was the best. Maurice Jones-Drew is the absolute focal point of their offense, I don't know where the Jags would be without him, but I don't know where the Titans would be without Chris Johnson either.

11. the futants

the futants Member

At this point...it's difficult to argue against Chris Johnson. The numbers don't lie and he doesn't vomit up the football like ADPeterson.

12. macalu

macalu Member

how long can C Johnson be this good? with Jeff Fischer's conservative philosophy of run, run, run, and then run some more, i wouldn't be surprised if Johnson starts losing a step as early as the 2011.

for now though CJ is the best.

13. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I wouldn't call it conservative. They just want to get the ball in the hands of their best player. They don't have the quarterback or receivers to throw the ball 25+ times and expect to win.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Add to the fact that it's Johnson that cuts and goes through those creases that gets him those 20-30-40 yards. Most of the time, the Titans isn't sending Johnson straight down the middle but rather Johnson waits for a sliver to open and he takes advantage of it. Something that Slaton did well last year but can't do fast enough this year because of that muscle-weight gain IMO.

15. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Johnson will probably have the longest longevity of all those I put on the poll. I mean he takes the less pounding compared to those guys, but he just never gets tired. He always gets 100+ yards each game. Chris Johnson is the running back I want to have on my team, He may not be an end zone presence like a Brandon Jacobs, but he's a hell of a home run hitter.

16. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

+1...throw him a screen pass and laugh while he takes it to the house
    Chris Johnson is the best...

17. juicystream

juicystream Member

Its CJ right now. AP would still be the pick if you were drafting between these guys, IMO. And I am a big Titans fan.

18. gambingo

gambingo Member

i voted for 'other' as in Frank Gore of the Niners. I think he should be on the poll.

19. Kam

Kam Member

Why is Steve Slaton in caps?

20. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Houston Native players have to be seen in big words. ;)