1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Poker Sites?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SuperBeeKay, Oct 13, 2008.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

What is the best betting and free poker site?

I found myself finding UltimateBet as the best free site and as for an actual gambling site, I have never tried so I dont know.

I heard about CentPoker from this guy and TiltPoker from my friend, but CentPoker isnt an actually betting site although money is involved. I suggest you sign up for it, its decent :p
    http://www.centpoker.com/?opcode=1616

Ive heard that TiltPoker is ridiculous in terms of the way cards come out and the way how every hand has a flush or so...

So I ask Clutchfans, what is the best poker site? Please leave links to the sites

2. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

PokerStars........best by far IMO.

Stay away from bodog and Fulltilt for the moment. They might be having some money issues - so play it safe.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I go PartyPoker but I don't play money games.

On another note would it not be super easy to cheat at online poker?

Everyone gets in the same room and just drain a few suckers for their cash when they sit at your table.

4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

dont sites like pokerstars and pokerparty they dont pay real cash right?

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I havent heard anything about money issues from any sites.. are they for real

6. Landlord Landry

no, many sites have stringent methods for detecting collusion. I was actually sent an email once for playing with the same two players consistently. Besides, most players who attempt to collude other players wouldn't even begin to understand how to do it properly. Probably costing them more than they win.

David Skalansky touched on this once in a 2+2 forum thread a few years ago, even for him it was difficult.

The biggest problems with most poker sites algorithms is that they are not 'truley random'. while many may argue that there is no such thing as 'true randomness' Pokerstars and Absolute are usually the first 2 that come up in conversations regarding 'random' defecincies. I read somewhere a long time ago, that an independent data mine once logged 1 million hands from pokerstars and they actually dealt more flushes than straights, which is mathematically bonkers, and even though there are alot of other variablesthat would go into that study, it's still statistically odd.

if you want to start out small and learn, I recommend playing Pokerstars. deposit 25-30 bucks. and play the $3+.40 turbo SnG's. It's a good way to learn ABC poker. BJsAust has an awesome tutorial video on flopturnriver.com on how to play these turbo micro SnG's. you can pick up the very basic fundamentals there. I started out there with $50, watched the BJsAust video's like 100 times and within a month was up to $700 with a 70% ROI. which means I was basically ITM 3 out of every 4 tourneys.

7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Ditto on Pokerstars for small stakes. Then once you do well you can get rakeback and stuff on Full Tilt.

8. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

these sites actually use money? i thought you werent allowed to deposit money into pokerstars or partypoker anymore?

9. Landlord Landry

I haven't made a deposit on pokerstars in about 3 years.

I still get a check everytime I cash out though. I usually cash out once a month.

and **** fulltilt. horrible cartoon graphics. but at least they still don't have a ban on ICM calculators........??? so much fun playing poker with 8 bots and using a bot to make your decisions, all you have to do is push buttons. :rolleyes:

if you guys just want a cool site to play free money poker, PKR.com. takes forever to load, but entertaining.

10. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

so you're using play money yet cashing out for real money? how does that work...

11. Landlord Landry

play money?

I made my last deposit in 2005. build bankroll, cash out 15% draw once a month.

12. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

i use bodog.