1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best PG duo in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by conundrum, May 4, 2010.

1. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

So I know a thread not about Chris Bosh is not the flavor of the moment, but since I have been watching the playoffs lately and all the great pg play has got me thinking...Do we have the best PG duo in the league? Their are some great PG in the NBA right now and Brooks or Lowry alone do not match particular well with a lot of them. Together though Brooks and Lowry cover up the others weakness particularly well. Brooks is a super smooth shooter who utilizes his quickness to shake off other guards while being a weak defender. Lowry is our feisty PG defender who does not have that great shooting touch, but can really attack the basket well and finish after contact. I also love how we can play them at the same time as well.

So who has a better PG tandem, I can only think of paul and that rookie in New Orleans, and possibly Ellis and Curry, but those tandems are very similar and don't cover up the other ones weakness...

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

hornets with chris paul and darren collison are pretty solid

3. redao

redao Member

Parker and Hill.

4. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Our ab/kl duo is really hard to defend for older pg's... for ex: derek fisher struggling last yr in round 2... too quick, very effective but.. i think calling them the BEST might be pushing it

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I would say 1st place is CP3 and Collison, second place is AB and Lowry

6. maarrrtiin

maarrrtiin Member

i think we have the 4th best pg duo

paul + collison
    rose + hinrch
    parker + hill
    brooks + lowry
    bibby + crawford

ellis is more of a sg IMO

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Paul + Collison.

8. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Hornets, Hornets, and Hornets.

We might be second but that is debatable.

9. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Derek Fisher & Jordan Farmar

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Paul and Collison easily.

11. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

parker and hill is a good one, but i think hill is gettin a little to much hype for that performance against the mavs, i have watched him through out the year (here in austin we get all the spurs games) and he is consistently inconsistent. and i think brooks has surpassed parker, brooks is a better shooter and he may be quicker than parker, im not for sure but it is definitely debatable, their defense is a wash, below average for both. so that means i take brooks over parker and i take lowry over hill at the moment. i do like hills defense, potential, length and overall size, lol that sounds so wrong but at the moment i give the edge to our tandem

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

How can you say this?? Brooks is a shooting guard and Lowry certainly isn't much of a play maker! If we get Yao back and another big like Bosh we must have a PG who can may plays:p

13. TranMcGrady

TranMcGrady Member

Chris Paul and Darren Collison. After seeing Darren Collison dominate after Chris Paul went out, oh man what a great back up point guard.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think russell westbrook and eric maynor will be in the discussion, soon. Both guys are gonna be great

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Brooks is a shooting guard? That is news to me.

16. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

1. Chris Collison
    2. Tony Hill
    3. Aaron Lowry
    4.Derrick Hinrich
    5. Steve Dragic

17. elJEFEutexas

elJEFEutexas New Member

haha

i like nash/dragic i couldnt believe nobody brought them up till just now. They are a great passing duo as well as a scoring threat. Also they are both simply fun to watch. paul/collison aint bad either.

also... first post! ahhhhh

18. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

I hate it when people go "even though [so-and-so] plays PG, he's really an SG". If he's playing PG then he's you count him as a PG in any PG conversation. Like Tyreke Evans.

There was a thread about the best PGs and everyone completely brushed him to the 'side with the disclaimer: "oh, he's not really a PG so he doesn't count." Ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yes, they have the rings to prove it.. unfortunately.

Brooks and Lowry aren't the best PG duo. The most undersized maybe.

20. dartherus

dartherus Member

If a player is a SG in the body of a PG, why should we deny the fact that sch guy, no matter how small or skinny he is, is NOT a PG?