1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best PDA for med school

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Oct 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please note I am running OS X. Which PDA is best suited for medical programs while at the same time being affordable. I know Palm's LifeDrive is good; I just cannot afford it at the moment. Maybe that occurs after board certification :)

So what does everyone here recommend?

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i don't know...but is med school a new devleopment??? if so...congratulations!!!!

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, I am still undergrad.

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

if you're running OSX.. like you said the lifedrive is the best.. I had a cupon for it the other day for 350.00 with free shipping and no tax, but the code was only good till last week.. For the price I would go with the Zire 72

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, we have MadMax and others to answer our legal questions, now we might FINALLY have somebody to answer all those medical questions! :)

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Uhhh, didn't you just START undergrad? You may want to get accepted to med school before worrying about your accessories. Besides, anything that's useful and considered good today would be very outdated in 3-4 years.

7. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Sound advice from bigtexxx.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

My older bro. finished up med school about two years ago. Back then, he said all the hype was on the Compaq Ipaq. When going into med school, everyone had one, but after year 1, he never saw anyone using their anymore.

He said it did have this useful program called Med Scripts or something like that, which gives you information on virtuallly any prescription called for . But that is usually needed your 3rd and 4th year and for residency. Actually in residency they gave him a free Palm T3.

Ultimately he says its kind of waste getting that new PDA right when you get into school unless you like to go up to the ladies and say "want some PDA action."

9. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Yeah, I'd wait until you get to MedSchool before buying one -- there are a whole bunch of medical programs that use PDAs, and each school has its own requirements. My friend had to buy a Palm when he was in MedSchool, but I think now a lot more stuff has moved PocketPC.

10. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Yeah...I wouldn't start worrying about med school supplies until I at least got my MCAT score back.

Way too early, man.