1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best NBA Road Trip Destinations?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nuggets4, Oct 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I'm interested mostly in the basketball reasons, although the city itself is going to have to be a factor obviously. I'm just curious -- for those on this board who have gone to their team's away games (in a city they don't live in), where have been the places that were the most fun? Opposing fans were fun to deal with, good atmosphere, fun stadium, etc. etc.. I have no idea where I'm going on vacation this winter/spring, and I'm toying with the idea of going to a Nugs game on the road. Just curious to hear what everyone's experiences on this board were like.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Salt Lake City is an amazing destination, with amazing fans

3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

GTFO!

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

...and a bunch of cracker ass crackers. So that's a plus.

5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

what the %;+:?

1 person likes this.
  6. tmoney1101

Pretty sure he was joking, noobs.

7. AggieRocketsFan

I love taking my talents to South Beach.

8. tmoney1101

your ass-pirateing talents?

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've only been to Toyota Center and Madison Square Garden. Toyota Center is empty most of the time and MSG is a dump. I wouldn't recommend either.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Of the few places i have been Madison Square, Arco Arena

i am hoping to go to phoenix this year for a game

oh yeah I am going to the preseason game tonight between the nuggets and clippers at staples

staples is a nice venue but its not really a good place for fans...lakers games its too dark and lower bowl its all businesses/celebs mainly so its quiet and upper level is more or less the same.

clipper games they try to hard to get the crowd involved.

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

no point in going to the Pacific North West :(

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I lived in Chicago and loved catching the Rockets at the United Center. I worked with a guy who's dad is the gm of the UC. Got to park right next to the building and pass through some cool areas on the way to our seats.

I now live in Little Rock so I drive over to Memphis which is only 2.5hrs away.. not necessarily cool like in Chicago but because I bought a couple half court floor seats a couple years ago for $100. I just drove down to see if I could get tickets and they had a special going on. I gave the other ticket to the first person i saw in Rockets gear. My buddies even called me up and asked me if I was in Memphis cause they saw me every time they panned over halfcourt. (wearing my rockets gear of course).

I never had issues with the other teams fans either. (which is why I am afraid to go to Dallas games... cause i might punch a fool)

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I forgot to ask, how is the Pepsi center?

Me and a couple friends are gonna drive into Denver for the Rockets game there in February.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Thanks

One thing I did notice though is that ticket prices have gone up substantially. $35 will not get me decent seats, looks like I am gonna have to spend around $50 for a decent seat in the upper deck

16. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I've been to the AT&T center for a Rockets game twice last year with some red rowdies, and am planning to go again on Nov 6, which is a Saturday.

Yes, it's close to home, but I like that there was a good amount of Rockets fans to high five and talk to at the game.

The Spurs fans were very friendly to us with the exception of one guy. The first time I went in a group of about 17 people, the second time in a group of 5.

The AT&T center was gorgeous! They had a whataburger in there. The San Antonio crowd isn't very wild. It's a great day trip and a nice in state rival's stadium to go to.

17. Ditty

Ditty Member

I've been to the toyota center vs the spurs 2 times in 2008-2009 season plan to go in march also on that saturday...first one that year sat in the last row on the upper top and the spurs got blown out, the second game sat at the lower bowl next to those red rowdies gave me and my boy a hard time we were being loud and crazy that game but they were cool haha they were alot of spurs fans at that game and we won :grin:

I went to game 1 of the playoffs last year vs the Mavs in Dallas...fans really hate the Spurs up there ugly hard looks everywhere,there was a good amount of spurs fans there, not alot but we lost and got booed out of the arena, but everyone was cool besides about a few fans and a guy who kept talking mess to my boys and I after everytime the Mavs scored, but at least the Spurs won the series and threw up the 4 rings to them and ripped those clapper things in front of the Mavs fans to piss them off more :grin:

I will go to a spurs vs hawks game this year will be in atlanta in april,and probably head out to Dallas also, but I always wanted to go to Phoenix that's Spurs hateing country out there

18. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Tinman's post is pretty good as you've already seen. But you'd expect that from a '99er. Ticket prices have DEFINITELY changed since then, so have some of the in-arena foods, but all in all I still like the Pepsi Center. Honestly, my favorite seats in the place are either section 321 or 361. If you're not one of those who wants to be close to the action and would rather see the entire court, that's the way to go. Best value for the money IMO. I'm assuming since you're up in Boulder that you know the 16th street mall area in Denver so I don't need to tell you about the discount parking areas.

Phoenix is one of my leading choices. One of my good friends lives down there anyway, and there's a Thursday night TNT game so I could fly in Thursday, golf Friday and then spend the weekend there in February or March.

How was Arco?

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'll be there. I hate the location of the AT&T center, it's worse than the alamodome. At least you can walk to the riverwalk from the alamodome.

If this was houston, it would be the equivalent of putting the toyota center in the 5th ward.

20. MONON

MONON Member

In March you attend a Cactus League baseball game also.