1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best guess on what Daryl Morey does next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 29, 2018.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe we give Daryl a little time eh?

D-rock likes this.
  2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

"new math" my a$$. lets go back to the old math. this $hit isnt working.

DonKnock, Why not?, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  3. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Slow is the way.. I'm pretty much happy that Morey saw Warriors deck of cards before he went all in like the Lakers.. Now I hope he gets more aggressive since Dubs got Boogie

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ring chasers aren't knocking on our door man. The majority of people involved with the league don't see us as that type of destination. Guys will pick OKC before Houston.

Listen to Paul George's video about places he was thinking about. Clippers, Boston, LA and OKC. We really lucked into Chris Paul. I'm not sure how anymore to be honest.

D-rock likes this.
  5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Tick tock. Morey needs to invest in faster computers or something next season. lol He's usually the one pulling these moves.

6. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

where is this "new math" thing coming from...did I miss the reference?

7. justtxyank

I'm not hating on Morey. If anyone is killing themselves trying to find the pieces, it's Morey.

D-rock and onreego like this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

In the Morey we trust lol

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Love & Ryno have similar contracts …. tho Loves is $10m more over the two year span. I Think he might be harder to move and return no more than Ryno.

I'd just sit on my hand for the time being (other than someone for the MLE) …. see what shakes loose and hope I can improve at the deadline.

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

True but even with his rep torn to bits since playing with Lebron, Love is still seen as a star player.

Ryno is seen by no one as a star player. The trick us getting Love in trade for Ryno without giving up all our assets.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

This has been our M.O.

Traded for Gasol, basketball reasons.
    Bosh stays in Miami.
    Get a game away from the finals and our star gets hurt.
    No cap room, loses a crucial starter whose loss does nothing to help Morey add more pieces it just reduces Tilman's tax hit.

If I were Morey, I'd Probably catch a musical tonight and eat some more bacon tomorrow. The Warriors are a class ahead and we do not have any tradeable assets or cap to sign a stud. If we win the West this season, I'd be shocked more than anything in sports before.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Money needs to move Ryno.

If he’s not moved the chances go from slim to none.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Basically the Rockets have three bullets to fire to improve the team.

#1 is moving Ryno's contract for a significant wing upgrade.

#2 is the MLE .… I don't know who I want at this point.

#3 is Trevor Ariza - Getting PHX to agree to a S&T instead of going directly into their cap - wouldn't take much to get them to bite. Then using that outgoing salary ($7.5m which can be added to other salary) to bring in a player from a 3rd team.

Only #3 is time sensitive …. IT has to happen before Ariza actually inks the deal. #2 meh … eventually. #1 can be any time between now and the February trade deadline , just so long as the return is maximized.

This team wont be a finished product until the trade deadline …. assuming Ryno is moved and there is the possibility he isn't and is an expiring next year - a $20m asset instead of a $20m anchor around Morey's neck. Though I realize no one wants to hear about next next year.

14. justtxyank

The bullet is using some combination of Gordon and Ryno to get a big upgrade somewhere in the lineup and then using the MLE to sign someone like Tolliver or Bradley to take Gordon's job.

I don't know where that deal is out there exactly, but we'll see.

Maybe Morey is going to shock us all by dealing Gordon and some picks for Kawhi.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

IF that's what you really want , I dnt think it would take much to pry him away from Cleveland since they are gonna be tanking it up. They don't want to pay him $50m for the next two years when they could pay Ryno $40m instead. Ryno , one of Hartenstein / Zhou Chi and a 2nd probably gets it done.

I just don't believe he moves the needle at all …. nor is he likely to net you a greater return over Ryno as a trade asset. They are such similar players both on the decline , I just don't think it matters.

16. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I was opposed to carmelo joining but because the Warriors destroyed the NBA, I feel rox have no choice to bring in another play maker. Sign love too.

17. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Unfortunately Ariza can’t be signed and traded. He signed a 1 year deal and isn’t elgible. Sign and trades must be for contracts of at leaSt 3 years.

DonKnock, D-rock and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  18. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

Considering Ryno sat his ass on the bench for much of the playoffs I think Love would be a major upgrade over Ryno. If he gave us 1 bucket and 1 rebound on average in playoffs it would already be a greater contribution over Anderson's 0

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Morey's next call needs to be to one of these free agents

[​IMG]

20. Play07

Play07 Member

It should’ve been on MOREY!!!

Warriors green curry called cousins made him feel welcomed, harden out of town, Lebron left to go out of town, Cp3 sitting back happy he got his money.

Warriors snuck in and bugged cousins to sign there when people were sleep

PDJACK7 likes this.