1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Games on Xbox

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FrancisFan3, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

Metal Gear Solid 2 is on X-box?? i didnt know that

and i got Xbox Live, so i must play sum1 soon ;)

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Yes!!!!! got back my name no more Frylock!!!!! BTW still trying to get a count on which game is better Halo or Splinter Cell?

3. Nomar

Nomar Member

Still r****ded, huh.

4. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

im asking, i havent played the others so i cant decide which to keep

5. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I think a while after MGS2 came out, the XBOX got it but with more features and stuff. Not to sure, since I don't have an XBOX, but I think that's it.

7. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

I'd go with Splinter Cell. Its basically this year's Halo (Game of the Year). Don't get me wrong, Halo is a legendary game... But with Halo 2 coming out sometime in 2003, its a wiser investment to go with SC. Buy Halo second-hand.

Ghost Recon is like a mix of the two.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Sonic GM,

Id say get both. Get Splinter now and get Halo when its on sale cause I usually see it once in awhile for like $30. I got Halo, very addictive game. I havent played Splinter Cell yet but I have heard nothing but positive thing about it.

9. Dave2000

Keep 2K3 if you are into sim games, if your an arcade gamer, get Live or Inside Drive. Cant go wrong getting NHL 2003 or 2K3.

As for other games to buy. If your on XB Live, get Mechassult, if u dont, the one player game sucks. Splinter Cell, I hear is just awesome. MK Deadly Alliance is good, but takes a while to get used to, any Tony Hawk game, SSX Tricky, and of course, HALO!!!

10. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

The Tom Clancy titles are awesome. Let me break it down for you. Splinter Cell has one of the best single player mode, but not X-Box Live enabled. However, you can use XBL to download some extra maps and stuff.
    Ghost recon has a great single player mode too, but its strengths comes in group tactical operations. Its also playable on X-Box Live. You can't go wrong with either title, IMHO.

11. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

About a year and a half after the PS2 released MGS2, the Xbox got it.

12. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

How is Splinter Cell guys? I heard it is pretty hard - similar to Ghost Recon?

13. red

red Contributing Member

my sister got it for me for xmas...im not impressed. im not to happy witht the controls and the graphics are not all that. im actually highly dissapointed and dont understand why its getting rave reviews.

most likely i will exchange it for nba2k3.

i also have nfl2k3, halo, and shenmue 2 for xbox.

14. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

How much does x-box live cost a month?? i heard first year is free then u gotta pay.. whats the price?

15. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

It is 49.99$ for the first year.

http://www.xbox.com/live/

16. ewfd

ewfd Member

Ghost Recon is best kept to the PC only.

I'm serious about this one.

17. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

While visiting my younger cousins some of us played 4 man halo on two linked systems and it was AWESOME! Incredible looking, incredible to play.

Also, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" seemed pretty cool although I am an admitted Sarah Michelle Gellar stalker....even the vitual one. :(

18. Dave2000

Its $50 for the first year accoding to Sonny, but the monthly fees after that, who knows. I have heard anywhere from $10-20 month, which isnt bad at all considering its for EVERY game on Live. Compared to PS2 and GC, i believe its free but charge for every game you play like Dreamcast did with Phantasy Star Online for charging I think something like $12.95 per month.

19. stra

stra Member

Kind of non-related but still relevant in a way... ( Well I read the title and went directly to submit reply)

Here are my games for xbox and my ranking of them:

1. Halo ( well I have played it for so long now that it had to be #1)

2. Morrowind (I like RPGs so this game suits me fine)

3. Dead or Alive ( I still think the graphics are the best for any xbox game)

4. Rallisport Challenge ( the game I always play when I am playing with some friends)

5. Project Gotham Racing (Great game but very hard to completely beat, but I will manage sometime I hope)

6. Commandos 2 ( good but the controls are not a 100% for the xbox version)

7. Jet Set Radio Future ( Beat it too quick, fun but a little too much of the same action going on IMO)

8. Hunter The Reckoning ( Fun in the beginning but quickly turns to crap actually IMO) Anyone wants to trade?

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

A game I haven't seen listed here is Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. I probably have not gotten in to a game like this since I was a kid playing Zelda, but I really liked Baldur's Gate and got in to it. I thought it was extremely well done. If you have a LOT of time each day to play, you could probably finish it in a 5-8 day rental. Unfortunately I didn't have that kind of time, but I found it addicting.