1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best ever at bringing the ball up the court?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sleepy Flloyd, Jul 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

LOL, HE DRIBBLES SO SOFT!

Maori sure know how to pick em...

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'll tell y'all non-99ers one thing. The Rockets had a guy by the name of Roderick Rhodes once... it didn't matter who you were - he'd steal the ball right from you as you dribbled upcourt. It was uncanny. That's about all he could do though.

3. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

If that's the case what "Ball handler" hasn't gotten his pocket picked numerous times. I've seen Lebron get his pocket picked soooooooo many times (and not just this years playoffs). Yet so many ppl want to say how great he is. Until you have that one defender that is pretty good at doing the stealing.

4. Summer Song Giver

Kenny Smith, turn and put the opposing point guard on your back side and back him all the way up the court and then dump it to Dream with around 6 seconds on the shot clock, worked every time.

5. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Rajon Rondo!

6. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

I remember Roddy Rhodes, he was a damn good thief!

7. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Sam Cassell b/c he was under control, and smart
    Vernon Maxwell b/c he was so damn fast bring the ball up, often he left people in the dust, but sometime out of control, hence the nickname Mad Max.

BTW, looking for examples, I came across this old vid of us giving the Suns a good ole fashion beat down and felt so good watching it again that I had to share.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZWucU4U69yI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. shortylilboi

shortylilboi Member

9. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

10. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

my vote goes to kidd

11. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

Rafer Alston probably was one of the best at bringing the ball up the court against defense. I don't remember any team able to trapping him in back court.

Albeit he isn't a great player - he has really good handles and good on court vision.

12. SunsRocketsfan

the suns part of me was like :mad: the rockets fan part of me was like:grin: the good ol days

13. Asian Sensation

The obvious answer is Trevor Ariza.

14. Asian Sensation

Remember that time he stripped Jordan clean nekkid and went for the breakaway slam. That was the stuff.

15. SunsRocketsfan

umm did u forget the jazz series.?? that guy would always fold under pressure and make stupid decisions.. i also remember several critical turn overs that cost us games. one of them i was there live against the lakers in staples center.. he was a horrible decision maker which means he does not have good court vision.. I'm just so glad I don't have to watch another bricked tear drop lay up in traffic anymore.. Good riddance rafer..

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Remember is fabulous ball-handling skills in the last minutes of game 7 against the Utah Jazz?

17. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Haven't read through the thread yet..but first person that came to mind was Tim Hardaway... he was clean

18. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Oh yea, fail. :(

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cp3 and deron williams

20. codell

codell Contributing Member

Statistically speaking, the only player that looks to compare to Muggsy Bogues is indeed Chris Paul (who is actually better). 6/1 A/TO ratio compared to 5.7 A/TO ratio to Bogues.

Magic, Stockton, most of the rest don't even compare to those 2.