1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Cheap Pizza Chain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 19, 2021.

?

Best Cheap Pizza Chain

1. Domino’s

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Little Caesar’s

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Pizza Hut

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Papa John’s

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Cici’s Pizza

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Chuck E. Cheese’s/Peter Piper Pizza

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Papa Murphy’s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Buck Turgidson

Since you have kids @Xerobull, yall ever do "homemade" pizza night at home?

Buy pizza crust (there's good frozen or refrigerated options, Boboli ain't bad either), sauce (Rao's is the only way to go), cheese, and whatever toppings you/they like and let them build their own (this is more entertaining with younger kids).

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

That sucks. Was there a Forensic Files on it? I recall hearing something similar.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah my wife can throw down some homemade pizza like a champ. She’s the queen of throwing whatever together and making delicious food. The kids love to help. It’s what gave my oldest his love for cooking. In fact, for his 16th ‘friends’ birthday party, he’s going to cook for everyone and hang out in our arcade after.

I honestly don’t know. I will ask him next time I talk to him. I -think- it was unsolved.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

That's awesome. Doing that stuff with our mom/granny in the kitchen and cooking outdoors with my dad was what made my brother want to become a chef (and made me appreciate good food, and making it at home)

At the very least, that skill will pay off for a man later in life.

Just let him know that in any kitchen, commercial or residential, there's a chef and a sous chef and the hierarchy vital. "Too many cooks" and all that.

Xerobull likes this.
  5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The italian cheese bread at Little Caesar's is like crack.

Outside of that Mod Pizza is amazing.

VanityHalfBlack and Xerobull like this.
  6. JamesC

JamesC Member

I voted Papa Johns but I've been pretty impressed with Marco's pizza the last few times I've been.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I came on here to say this. It’s $10 for a very large pie. You can call them while already in the store shopping, once you are about 10-15 mins from checking out and they’ll have it fresh and ready as you’re leaving. Can’t beat that. It’s not Rosati’s or Russo’s but for $10 it blows the chain competition out of the water.

VanityHalfBlack and FrontRunner like this.
  8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Not a chain but Crust pizza in the Woodlands is awesome

VanityHalfBlack and arkoe like this.
  9. CrazyJoeDavola

You could have titled this "Worst Cheap Pizza Chain" and the contenders and poll leaders would have been exactly the same. Fascinating!

B-Bob, VanityHalfBlack and Xerobull like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ooh that is a good point. Little Caesar’s when you’re drunk or stoned is the best pizza ever made. And if you throw in crazy bread… dare I say the greatest anything ever?

11. Buck Turgidson

One of the crew in HS had a summer job at LC...he would show up after work wherever we were hanging out drinking and smoking with whatever was left at closing, after every shift. I cannot tell you how much of that crap we ate that summer.

Haven't eaten Little Caesar's in almost 30 years and I have no desire to do so again.

King1 and Xerobull like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Blaze Pizza is by far the best cheap pizza chain…it’s not even close

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I do agree, Blaze/Mod are awesome.

But price per calorie, it's not in the same realm as the one listed in this poll, unfortunately. I have to get two to feed my boys. That's $18+. I wouldn't consider that 'cheap'.