1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best and Worst Fans in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinywang, Mar 6, 2009.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Cleveland sports fans in general, while passionate, are shockingly rude and vile. Really obnoxious.

And I grew up in the Philadelphia area. :eek:

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

The Knicks have the best fans in the league- the team sucked a** last few years, and they were still at the top of the league in sellouts and capacity %. I don't care what you think about the team, the fans, or NY in general, you have to respect their loyalty. If the Rockets were as bad as the Knicks were, Les would consider moving to Reliant Center to somehow make up for the empty seats.

3. Republic

Republic Member

The strange thing is, if you call Houston fans "fairweather", they get pissed like it isn't reality or something. Gimme a break. For as long as I've lived in Houston, it's had a major on/off relationship with all of its sports teams. The irony is most of these fairweather fans justify it by saying the team hasn't won, or a player is struggling (McGrady is a prime example) which of course, to any sensible observer is the precise definition of fairweather.

Fans lost are not fans. Period.

4. Republic

Republic Member

Thunder fans? Loyal? Based upon what? They draw fans during their first year in existence? What kind of analysis is this? You could run a dog show in OKC every night and it would fill to capacity. It's OKC! Nothing happens in OKC. What else are these people going to do?

Wait a year or two 'til the new wears off, then judge loyalty. It's infatuation right now, not loyalty.

5. Republic

Republic Member

My vote for best analysis of anything anywhere on this board. You are spot on with this comment. This also applies to Houston baseball and football fans.

6. Hola-juwon

Hola-juwon Member

Best - New York (always there for their team. Okey, they "booo" sometimes but they are really passionate about their team.

Worst - UTAAAAAH (They may be cheering for their own team but they have no class what so ever, I still remember one game from the playoffs where the rocket-commentators had some idiot-girl sitting close to them and all she did was so swear and boo:ing every single call.

I hope they smelled my fart I just put up there for them.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I've been to a few Hawks vs. Rockets games in the past. Their fans are horrible. There aren't very many people at the games, and half of them are Chinese. They even call it Chinese appreciation night when the Rockets are in town. Really sucks too, because the games have been pretty competitive every year.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Painting with such a broad brush is a sign of lazy analysis.

DD

9. Republic

Republic Member

Lazy or not, it applies. Only those in denial won't see it.

10. shioew

shioew Member

Cannot totally agree.... though
    ,donot if you are biased, jazz fans absolutely not the worst, but i think they are the top of the best