1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best 70's Band?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeremiah, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It's a pointless to try to choose. You'll get caught in a loop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The winner!

I will also offer up the Clash for best 70's band.

3. rjh2000

rjh2000 Contributing Member

4. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

You must be a huge EWF fan and can probably play the hell out of their songs.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Led Zeppelin Period.

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Zeppelin.

Their first six albums were 5-star classics. Four of them were released in the 70s.

7. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I grew up with 3 teenage siblings in the 70's, so I listened to everything back in the day. When they would go to school, I'd sneak in and play their records. Id usually get my ass kicked because I would sometimes scratch their records. My mom caught me listening to KISS one day and told me it was terrible music. She would rather me listen to her Fleetwood Mac album. I 'd also listen to a bunch of Motown records.

Then one day, the neighbor was watching me and I snuck into her teenage sons room and found a Led Zeppelin album. I listen to the whole album and her son walks in and says "hey kid, what the hell are you doing in my room?" I said, "I was listening to this band and I liked it. I'm sorry." He sits on his bed, pulls out a joint, lights it...offers me a hit. I say "no thanks." He then says, "Turn it up." and turns off the lights and lays back and we enjoyed the music. The glow in the dark posters where awesome and for some strange reason, I went downstairs afterwards and asked his mom for chips to eat. True story.

Led Zeppelin and Kiss for me.

8. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Wow, I never knew Led Zeppelin was so badass (Always assumed they were just an amusing footnote to Plant's pre-Honeydrippers career).

Now, thanks to this thread, I am totally convinced.

How, after all these years, did I miss this?

Now, I know better - Thanks to this here thread! (I wouldn't have known otherwise)

UPDATE: I just learned that my local butt-rock station does a "Get the Led Out" half hour deal at 6:15 every weeknight.

9. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Yacht Rock!!

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Fixed, lest you be struck down, blasphemer! :mad:

1 person likes this.