1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Besides Tmac/Yao, no fire!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 16, 2004.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I dont see the fire and attitude needed from anyone besides Yao and Tmac.

We don't have any 'fire' guys like Mario Elie, Avery Johnson, Rasheed Wallace, Cassell, ...

Is it just motivation? or lack of skill? I think its mainly motivation. We played hard against the Wolves without Tmac and with him we can't even beat the Hawks!!

Maybe Sura will provide some fire for our supporting cast.

An analogy to football, JVG is pulling some Parcells crap by bringing him his buddies. Testaverde = Charlie Ward/Weatherspoon/

2. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Are you trying to crack the 1000 post mark? How many threads have you started in the past couple days?;)

3. Jeff Gundy

Jeff Gundy Member

How about this for some motivation? Coach Van says it best in this brilliant piece of work...

http://sportsradio610.com/goout.asp?u=http://images.radcity.net/5492/749662.mp3

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Its freedom of speech! apparently they are restricting my pictures posted, it must be the combination of fustration that the Rockets lost the ATLANTA HAWKS (No Dominque Wilkins) and they must think I'm Janet Jackson cause they fear why I might show!

But I can prove that my words will paint the picture that will grab your hearts and minds of this insurgent bbs.

Again, there is a lack of motivation from this team. Rudy always had some Tierre Browns and Chucky Browns, all effort players.

I'd rather have some over achievers than our under achiever supporting cast..

Charlie Ward didnt play much at all with the Spurs last year, now he's our PG?? come on. We should get a starter for a STARTER not a backup who starts.

5. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

The "energy" guys that we DO have at our disposal are DEFENSIVE energy guys.. Until Sura comes back we will be missing that high-energy offensive threat that every playoff bound team should have..

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dude, don't egg him on. He might start posting idiotic pictures or something.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

its not my fault i'm about 1 in 10 people on the bbs with creativity. Maybe some Rocket fans are just like our PGs.

NO CREATIVITY.

I could just post a 'we suck' post, but why? why not add some visuals to aid to provoke??

I guess some people here are Taliban Rockets fans.

Im not going to stop preaching cause the Rockets need me (not the boring fair weather fan). You got to realize that the Rockets LOSING is worse than any picture that I can post..

8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Wow, you think your pics were creative!?

Your pictures were the obvious punchline for a joke that no one wants to say because it is too easy. And after you give the easy punchline, you think you are a great comedian.

Besides the pictures I actually have to agree with you on this issue. No one on this team has the fire to get things going like the guys you pointed out. Not even Tmac or Yao have the fire and that is an even bigger problem. They need to have that or no one else will either.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i disagree here. i think most of our guys play hard. the problem is our offence and some personel.

our PF's can't play D and that is whats killing us every game. niether can our PG's and that is also hurting because it draws fouls on our bigs. sura might help that but there is no help in sight for our PF.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I dont think grasshopper, I know I'm the master!

Tmac needs to act like Jordan and put the FEAR in his teammates that either they step up or they will never see the court again. Jordan would chew out his teammates in practice. We need Tmac to do this cause Yao is too much of a nice guy.

Remember the Spurs? they had NICE GUY Duncan, but when they acquired MARIO ELIE, they added leadership and fire.

Maybe we do need Phil Jackson as the 'motivator'.

11. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I don't think any of our guys don't try hard at all ... I honestly think they give everything they've got every night. The problem is that the personalities on this team are so reserved and quiet. I really think every team needs that vocal leader to get everyone excited and pumped up to play even better.

It's definitely not the fact that they are not giving it everything they've got, but I truly believe its just not a good mesh of players. I think if we could get that one person that has that leadership quality, this team could go a lot further.

Personally, I don't think Van Grumpy's attitude does anything to help this out either.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Yeah I think Rudy differs with Van Gundy in his relationship with his players. Rudy was very close to his players. I think Rudy would have let Steve go hang with JayZ at the SuperBowl.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the problem is that we have no leader on the team. no one will step up and yell at guys when they miss a box out or turn the ball over.

i guess you can say jj is our locker room leader, maybe ward too. but we need more than locker room guys. and we need more than our great players to play well and think they did thier job for the night.

if jordan, zeke, bird, or bill russell were on our team, what do you think they would have to say to charlie ward after that terrible TO that cost us the lead? our guys just hung thier heads as if the game was over. and im sure JVG didn't say anything to his dear friend.

we don't need a hype man, we don't need to play harder, we need either tmac or yao to take responsibility for the team.

14. leewaye

leewaye Member

Tmac sucks cause he miss tons of shot
    Yao is ****ed by pgs:(

15. tinman

Supporting Member

What did Dream say to Kenny or Sam or Vernon or Horry or Mario???

'GIV ME DA BOL!'

16. leewaye

leewaye Member

"We just fronted (Yao) and they were a little reluctant to throw over the top to him," said Atlanta forward Al Harrington, who scored 14 points. "We played the right way. We need to find a way to play like that all the time. We'd win a lot of games."
    :cool:

17. tinman

Supporting Member

The Atlanta Hawks!!
    Might as well been the Bobcats.
    Wow, i'm in shock. The Hawks are a bunch of players NOBODY wants anymore.

a. Antoine Walker -takes100 shots a game
    b. Jason Collier - no comment needed
    c. Boris Diaw - Who the hell is this guy???
    d. Royal Ivey - I'm happy for the guy (UT represent!) but my goodness..We made him look like Oscar Robertson
    e. This team has NEVER been anygood since Dominique left. This is the CLIPPERS EAST.

TMac needs to ask himself, would MICHAEL JORDAN let the BULLS lose to the HAWKs??

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The team doesn't have any heart right now, plain and simple. And guess whos fault that is?

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

the way i see it the rox need to upgrade in the forward dept. trade for chandler or dunleavy.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What do you mean Besides Yao and Tmac? Including Yao and Tmac. The past couple of games Jimmy Jackson has been the person with the most fire on our team.

But nobody on our team plays consistetnly with a lot of passion.