1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernie Sanders Health Plan Savings for Nearly Everybody

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The US could win wars using 1980s technology. What the heck is the point of the F35 F22 etc. Who exactly are we fighting. Aliens?

2. astros123

astros123 Member

Im coming from a non-bias point of view honestly, I run a very successful business and will survive anyways no matter what. I would love to debate this topic with anyone this forum, because i deal with this day in and day out. I actually worked with 2 different congressmen in Texas in exposing the flaws with Obamacare and the industry as a whole.

The system is so bad in America it needs a totally restructuring and theres no way around it. MCOs and HMOs will slowly deteriorate and ruin healthcare for everyone in this Nation.

I actually worked with the NAAOP in rescinding proposed Medicare lower limb Prosthesis that they tried passing last year. That would have been the worst thing for amputees in decades if it had gone through.

3. astros123

astros123 Member

Anyone who has time read this article, this is just one circumstance I see EVERY day. I get patients who call in trying to set up appointments to later found out the person who signed them up for the HMO plan falsely represented the network providers. Then the patient is ****ed and has to scramble back to go through red tape for something that he needs RIGHT NOW.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...ance-plans-could-devastate-cancer-6603232.php

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I work at MDA and remember reading about this when news hit that PPO's would no longer be available on the markets for patients of MDA and the other top hospitals in town. Since then, apparently Humana has changed their mind and decided to offer a PPO which will provide that coverage. The plan is apparently extremely expensive, but it's better than what our patients were facing previously, which was no coverage at all.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...-to-offer-access-to-Houston-s-top-6687778.php

(sorry about the formatting...probably best to just click the link if you want to read about it)

5. astros123

astros123 Member

Its a fkin joke in reality and it disgusts me. Theres a team of about 4 people in blue cross blue shield that work in credentialing to get doctors in there network and they make it SOOOO difficult. If you guys saw some of the contracts they make us sign to join their networks you guys would laugh:rolleyes:

I think its hilarious that normal healthcare providers cant call medicare patients offering any sort of services, BUTTTTTTTT the insurance company's are provided a list of Medicare beneficiary phone numbers/addresses and are fully allowed to solicit their hmo plans.

The system is a fkin joke. It needs a complete overhaul. If you ever have time watch this documentary and please tell me this doesnt change your view on health care in the US.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386032/