1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernie Sanders 2016 Feel the Bern!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 14, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

OMG GUYS!!! Here's your ticket to having CML on your ignore list!! Just quote me now! Soon, he might just start debating himself. He'll just start making threads and then reply by beating up strawmen like Rocketslegend!

2. jsingles

jsingles Member

Textbook example of how the mentally r****ded are easily confused and lack any semblance of reality when they make their wild, syphilitic, rants.

3. dmoneybangbang

This. Bernie knows that preventing an idiot like Trump from winning is more important than his platform/party purity.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Could you take the Bernie Bros seriously if 90-95% of them voted for Hillary? They spent the past year whining and b****ing about jobs, corruption, establishment, etc. Could you take the "issues" they bring up as being serious issues? They were downright 100% anti-Hillary in some cases.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Sign me up for Bernie Sanders for President 2020.

It will keep Hillary from catering only to her funders and maybe might even keep some of the guys on clutchfans from being killed in another regime change war.

Another 4 yrs and Bernie's vertical might decline a bit, but who cares.;)

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Is "Bernie's vertical might decline a bit" a euphemism for "he might be horizontal, as in dead?"

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought it was a boner / impotence joke.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Actually since this is a basketball forum I was thinking his vertical on his jump shot might go down from 3 inches to 1 inches.

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Nation Surprised It Took So Long For Primaries To Weed Out Candidate With Genuine Principles

NEWS IN BRIEF
    July 12, 2016
    VOL 52 ISSUE 27
    Politics · Politicians · Hillary Clinton · Election 2016 · Bernie Sanders
    PORTSMOUTH, NH—With Bernie Sanders effectively conceding the race for the Democratic presidential nomination just two weeks before his party’s national convention, the American populace expressed their collective astonishment Tuesday that it had taken so long for the primary election process to weed out a candidate with genuine principles. “Wow, usually people who have passionate, heartfelt beliefs that they’re unwilling to compromise are the first to go, but Bernie held on through every state,” said 37-year-old Arizona resident Randall Strong, marveling aloud as he tried and failed to recall the last time a candidate with an earnest and enduring commitment to a set of deeply held values even made it to Super Tuesday. “I’m genuinely amazed. Most of the time, people who believe in what they say are out after Iowa or New Hampshire, if they even make it onto the national stage in the first place. How he ran on a platform of strong, unwavering convictions aimed at improving the lives of average Americans is completely beyond me.” The American public admitted they would not be surprised at all, however, by how short a time it would take for them to completely forget about the honest principles championed by Sanders.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

glynch, comment?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DNCLeaks?src=hash">#DNCLeaks</a>: Staffers Mocked Bernie Sanders Campaign, used MSNBC and <a href="https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe">@Morning_Joe</a> <a href="https://t.co/18mNjzcg0i">https://t.co/18mNjzcg0i</a></p>&mdash; WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) <a href="https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/756577680062091264">July 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DNCLeaks?src=hash">#DNCLeaks</a>: DNC pushed the false 'thrown chairs' story <a href="https://t.co/18mNjzcg0i">https://t.co/18mNjzcg0i</a></p>&mdash; WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) <a href="https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/756578053028020224">July 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Talked a lot of **** about Sanders, but I saw his interview with Chuck Todd today and I have a lot of respect for him. Also, Debbie should resign. I don't like people currently holding public office and running the DNC.

14. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

They rigged a presidential election, laundered money from charities, gave people promised positions for donations, hired protesters, colluded with media to suppress current events

and Sanders still supports Hillary

He played you all like a fiddle haha

15. fchowd0311

Maybe he understands that having an unpredicable egomaniac who gets butthurt over the most trivial insults directed towards him having the nuclear codes is more dangerous than maintaining the status quo.

16. TheresTheDagger

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump voters...

18. fchowd0311

So let's draw this hypothetical scenrio out rationally...

Sanders denounces Hillary a la Cruz style. Many supporters of Bernie now decide that they either will vote for Trump, green party, lib party or not vote at all. This will obviously benefit Trump.

If Bernie GENUINELY believes that Trump's unpredictableness, lack of ANY nuance and white nationalist rhetoric is more dangerous than Mrs. Status Quo, why would he be 'duping' his supporters as you implicitly claim with your oversized meme? Country over politics. That's what I see when Bernie endorses Hillary.

You might not believe Trump is pandering to White nationalists. You might not believe that Trump is a egomaniac with fascist tendencies but if Bernie again GENUINELY believes this, why would he not rationally endorse Hillary?
    In his eyes, fascism and white nationalist rhetoric is more dangerous than maintaining the status quo of bankers running this country for 4-8 more years.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bernie knows he can't have it both ways. He's been an independent for decades. He's not really a Democrat and he knew to expect the DNC to pile on him. He's not an idiot like Trump. Everyone knew this was going to happen except the most naive of millennials. Bernie also knows a Trump Presidency would dramatically damage the country.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So are Bernie Bros happy with Hillary's VP pick: the former head of the DNC? Not an establishment guy or anything like that, right?