1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernie Sanders 2016 Feel the Bern!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Major

Major Member

That's why I said "at this point". His history and actions certainly support a progressive agenda. But his current ones do not - his current ones point to a person that got sucked in by the spotlight and the adoring fans and has either lost touch with reality or simply can't let go.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Trump's problem- besides the fact that he's really wrong on so many things- is that he never knows how to say things the right way if there is something that he might possibly have a point about. Now, in this case, of course he's wrong. But when you look at the other side of it, when they say things like Sotomayor's Hispanic heritage is a benefit that she brings to her Supreme Court position, or that Hillary Clinton is more attuned to women's rights than Trump, it's a little bit of the same thing.

If I were Trump, I would at least follow that narrative. Of course, it probably wouldn't make any difference b/c obviously he's wrong. I'm just saying that even if there is a slight, slight case to make on this issue, Trump is too dumb to know how to frame his argument. It's like listening to a child communicate.

"He's Mexican, and I'm building a wall." That sums up Donald's wonderful communication skills and logical thinking right there.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Coded words are commonly used by both sides. Some made more offensive than others.

When normal people didn't think he had a chance to win, it was refreshing and honest.

It might still be for some...until he puts the crosshairs on you

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

gold in terms of USD, may 2008...... ~$900
    gold in terms of USD, three yrs later...... ~$1900

now USD is currently KING, ironically b/c of the $19 trillion in debt that trump keeps blabbering about. that debt is the only practical place that big money can park in the current world. sovereign wealth funds, hedgefunds, pensions, billionaires, etc -- if you have to park in size then US trasheries are the only game in town. euro/yen/rand/real/pound/etc and yes, even the renminbi/yuan are all hurting, but it is still early in the cycle. they will all turn down hard, including USD being the last to fall. so the important question becomes, what stands up from the rubble? you won't like my answer :grin: there is talk that various groups (like the IMF) will push for a basket of these fiat currencies to then serve as a sort of world currency. but i still believe china's economy and currency will likely rise as de facto reserve currency post 2020.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Well since a Republican leader admitted it was all a witch hunt (And then disappeared) I wouldn't blame Obama for blocking anything (If he did). The republicans are scared of an intelligent female, always have been and they are doing everything in their power to stop her. Look at Benghazi, we all know thats not the first time something like that happened but Republicans are acting like its some sort of new thing that never happens. We also all know that Dems requested more money to help protect our ambassadors in foreign countries and the republicans being republicans reduced funding rather than adding more for more security. Finally, we also all know that the email server is illegal NOW. But we also know it wasn't at the time she had it. It's a witch hunt to stop her from becoming President and should be treated as such.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Integrity is standing for what you believe to be right even in face of defeat,
    representing the people that support your candidacy and not rolling over for a candidate you oppose like the GOP goobs are.

I can't imagine anyone supporting Bernie would ever vote for Trump, he's like the polar opposite of what Bernie stands for.

I would vote for Ms. Clinton in a heartbeat if it mattered but all the electoral college from all 26 million Texans will go to Trump no matter what we do :mad:. Instead I will throw my token vote to Ms. Stein so progressives can post 1% of the vote and get that future momentum rolling :rolleyes:

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they went after her husband even worse though, so i wouldn't say that gender's the big factor here

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

You can always move to a state where your vote counts...

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Its a big factor, its just not the only factor. Denying the discrimination against women in the country is like denying there is still racism in this country.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i mean the big factor for republican politicians is that they simply want the power and many perks that come with holding public office in washington. if the other side wins then the kickbacks and gravy train for them are threatened. i don't they care if it's a man or woman on the other side in that respect. now for republican voters, ya you're probably right that a lot of them are sexist and the repub politicians shrewdly play upon that..

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I salute you for adhering to your core values and voting for Dr. Jill Stein for President. She has 100% of Bernie's platform and none of Hillary's ugly baggage. Honest people of integrity who supported Bernie will move to Dr. Jill Stein.

12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

every time you post, another latino voter registers, and Pepe the Frog grows stronger

1 person likes this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

97% of the climate scientists in the world agree on climate change. Please enlighten us all on how you seem to know what they don't.

1 person likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Your point about voting in Texas is what I have explained to my wife. She became an American citizen last year and is hell-bent on voting. I haven't voted in a Presidential election in awhile because here in Texas it feels like I'm pissing into the wind.

My wife and I will certainly vote this year (for Hillary), even if it means no more than a jury duty summons for us both (they say one isn't tied to the other now but, you know, I'll believe it when I see it).

For a Democrat to win in Texas you'd pretty much need every able-bodied person of color to vote and for all the God-fearing white people to stay home.

Dana Carvey's Church Lady (SNL a few weeks back): "In this election, on one side you have a Godless heathen liberal.....and on the other side, Hillary Clinton."

You sound like Trump saying Bernie should run as an independent.

#3014 ROXTXIA, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I think they will in solid red states, I think in contested states the spectre of a bloviating clown as President will be the overriding factor. Avoiding embarrassment is a primary human motivation.

Either way we endure 4 years of divisive non-government. The total crapfest the GOP has laid on Mr. Obama is going to look tame for President Clinton.

What's the over/under on impeachment proceedings, a week?

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I would say the day after she is sworn in.........;):grin::eek:

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is the FBI investigation a 'witch hunt'? I thought the FBI was a part of the executive branch?

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Bernie is meeting with Obama today. Sure would be interesting to know about what. Supposedly this is the fourth time recently.

Could this be these meetings as the reason why Obama suddently switched from pushing for the not so "grand bargain" with the Repubs to lower social security checks by lowering COLA's? BTW it was talk like this that was very harmful to the Dems having high turnout

For the sake of the lower 90% let us hope that Bernie keeps Hillary away from just triangulating with the Grand Old Tea Party. I will admit that it would be hard to triangulate with Trump as he is both to the left and right of her and changes from day to day.

My own joke. Back in the days of Willy Horton the Repubs were about to propose two strikes and you're out i.e. life without parole for virtually any felony, so Bill rushed in to propose three strikes and your out. A great victory for Bill.

#3019 glynch, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LOL @ all of this, thank you. :grin:

I didn't know Lizard People of New York existed.