1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernie Sanders 2016 Feel the Bern!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 14, 2015.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I had no problems voting for Trump (I was a Bernie guy) until he attacked an American and used his heritage as a reason he was unfit to do his job.

I can't believe the asshat Bernie supporters who could turn a blind eye to that now and would actually think of voting for him.

Attack illegals all you want but an American is an American no matter where his parents came from.

1 person likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

3rd party candidate.
    History, his previous actions, and the backlash he has faced for many of his positions disagree with you. Like I said, I am not a bernie supporter nor do I support what he is doing but you are talking on an extreme end.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think any Bernie supporters are voting for Trump.

Some may vote 3rd party however.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Like I said, if they feel this country should have a president Trump, they are free to vote for him or third party, same difference.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I'm guessing you didnt do a lot of research on Trump's platform this Spring.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya i think a lot of them might just abstain from voting altogether, too, which could also be a problem for clinton. he has a lot of fickle young supporters, who don't necessarily identify with the party

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My apologies - a glimpse at your posting history revealed that I had mistaken you for the wrong flavor of conspiracy crank, a right wing one rather than a left wing one.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I did and calling illegals names doesn't mean anything to me. Hell calling Americans names is nothing too but accusing a minority of not being able to do his job because of his ethnicity is not in the same ball park. Gov Christie called out people for accusing a Muslim he picked to work with him because they said he would bring sharia law. Now he says that the statement Trump said wasn't racist. Give me a break.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i am neither right wing nor left wing, sammie. i consider both sides essentially the same -- controlled opposition of each other. at the end of the season, both herds of sheep are corralled into the same slaughterhouse anyways :)

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Polling indicates that Barack Obama has ~85% approval rating among Sanders supporters. Combine this with his +50% general approval rating and clear favoritism of Clinton and, suddenly, there's a very effective surrogate at reigning Sanders supporters into the Clinton fold.

11. SamFisher

And only people like you have been trusted with ultimate truth, that global warming is a massive worldwide scam, that the dollar is going to collapse any day....blah blah blah.

Again, duly noted to subscribe to your newsletter.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would like to see that poll b/c i really doubt 85% of sanders supporters are happy w/ the current state of affairs in general. these people seem to be railing against the establishment for the most part, right?

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i said the dollar is going to collapse any day, sammie? simply not true. the dollar is KING for the moment. too much capital flow from asia/europe for it to go down anytime soon..

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Calling people names isn't a platform.

I'm talking legitimate policy decisions.

If you are the liberal that you present yourself to be on this BBS, then his platform would have made you want to shove an icepick into your eye socket before voting for him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/political-issues/?tid=sm_fbissues

#2994 DonnyMost, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

just like sheep

16. Orange

Orange Member

I feel the same way. I was favoring trump before that.

17. mtbrays

Supporting Member

I heard that on the latest episode of the Keeping it 1600 podcast from The Ringer.

They may be railing against the establishment, for the most part, but I wouldn't doubt that they personally like President Obama.

18. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Easier to lead a sheep into a voting booth than a frothing dog.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks. i won't be able to listen to the hour long podcast, so will just take your word for it. still strikes me as odd though, for instance i thought these kids also associated obama with stuff like the OWS beatdowns

20. SamFisher

No, you didn't say " any day" - you said in 5 years, back in 2008, when it would be phased out in favor of the yuan or gold.

Who won that argument about decoupling, btw, you or me?