1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernie - Map of Texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TexasMan, Jun 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TexasMan

TexasMan Member

BTW - every Texan should go watch this movie, but I'd wait for DVD.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

never heard of it....

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YJuhWKcY_6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. TexasMan

TexasMan Member

It's based on a true story that was in an article in Texas Monthly in 1998.

Richard Linklater (Houstonian) wrote and directed it.

4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Maybe now people will stop asking where Carthage is at when I tell them where I'm from...and instead now they can ask me if I watched this f*****y

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

My wife is from Carthage! Movie was hilarious and Jack Black did a great job. My wife's uncle is actually one of the people interviewed (the guy who cussed all of the time)

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

It was an awesome flick. Jack Black deserves an Oscar nod for this one. Everyone who has ever lived in Texas for any amount of time should see this flick!

7. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Not a Jack Black fan so I'll probably wait until it's out on dvd to give it a chance. Though so far I've only heard good reviews, so that's a plus.

Did you have to ask your wife where Carthage was when you first met her? lol

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Of course I did. I had no clue. Been there 100 times since, though. It's funny in the movie...some of it is filmed at Daddy sam's and the Jalapeno Tree

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I grew up about 30 minutes from there and had to look up where it was. I knew it was somewhere in East Texas, but not the exact location.

10. Angle02

Angle02 Member

It's also a palm to the face hearing people try to pronounce Carthage sometimes. I'm from Carthage also and haven't seen the movie. Not sure if I will see it in theaters or wait til it's out on bluray/dvd.

11. TexasMan

TexasMan Member

Yea man, when I heard Bernie sing "This is my story, this is my song" in church, that took me in the waaaaaaay back machine to Madisonville, TX.

Such a good movie.

12. kona-

kona- Member

Where can you watch this?

13. TexasMan

TexasMan Member

At the theater.

Or maybe torrents, I suppose.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JREkqCvLzSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This guy (from OP) is really accurate on his map especially East Texas. I've joked for many years that East Texas, West Louisiana, Southwest Arkansas, and Southeast Oklahoma should form a state with Texarkana as the capital.

It's just a whole different world there.

15. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

16. rudan

rudan Member

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

so he is released on bond while they wait for a retrial? and he'll live with Richard Linklater in the meantime? sounds like an interesting sequel...

Bernie 2: Tiede and the Hairy Legged Liberal Fruitcakes

interesting that both the prosecutor and the defense from the trial both admitted they would have tried it differently had they known of the circumstances described in the article.