1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernard Pollard to Reggie Wayne: "**** YOU MUTHA*****!"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vaioavan63, Sep 13, 2010.

1. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Did anyone else catch this on live tv yesterday? I admire his intensity I must've rewinded the game like ten times.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDFp3e2s-mM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDFp3e2s-mM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Being at the game, I find myself watching Pollard on nearly every play. I love watching intense DB's, and Pollard is king. He was jawing with Wayne over and over again yesterday.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah I heard it. Pure awesome. Texans are not going to let teams push them around anymore. Gotta love Pollard's intensity.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you can hear wayne say somthing under the announcers voice, then pollard went helllllllll nooooooooooo!!!!!!!! and said his piece. :grin:

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Pollard is so awesome! :grin:

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was oddly aroused by it.

Seriously, this is the kind of intensity this team has been missing since.....well, since it's inception. I hope our O-linemen were doing the same thing while we were running the ball down their throats in the second half. Rub a little salt in their wounds.

This is the kind of mindset a football team is supposed to have.

7. msn

msn Member

TMI!!! :eek: :eek:

8. Mr. Space City

dude single handedly change the culture of he texans defense.

we're moving from finesse to physical defense and i LOVE it. if only the rockets had this mindset defensively. :(

9. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

If the Rockets defense played like the Texans' D.. everyone would be suspended and Stern would be making a killing..

10. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I was surprised that he got beat on a couple of plays, especially on that last quick score by the Colts. I have a feeling the Texans will be drafting a safety in the first round this draft.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You must have not watched half the games last year. Hayes and Scola were physical but usually undersized in terms of height.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

definitely got beat on that last quick score...other than that, i didn't see them getting behind him.

13. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Beyonce is a fraud?

14. Mr. Space City

2 out of 5?

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let me know when you can "get physical" with perimeter players in the NBA.

16. Mr. Space City

2009 boston celtics :)

17. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Heard it, rewound it, heard it again... loved it.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Being fair, he isn't a cover safety, we use him as a free safety. The Texans love him (and likewise drafted Jackson) because he's a big hitter that can help against the run. In a division with Mojo and CJ, they knew they needed physical help in the secondary.

Point being, Pollard isn't going to excel when he's facing a passing offense and stays deep.

Wilson is our cover safety, but he doesn't have a ton left in the tank. Doesn't get to spots as quickly as you'd like, and isn't a strong tackler at all.

I've been pounding the table for a playmaking, ballhawking, safety for several years. We're worlds better than we were 2-3 years ago, but that's still probably the best position to shore up.

Evan

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Reggie popped off to him first.... Yoi could hear him say, under the announcers, "Get yo ass up outta my face"... Bet he wasnt expectinh that kinda response from a Texan defender.

20. liljojo

liljojo Member

Everyone gets beat once in a while. Except Revis. If we do draft a safety, it isn't to replace Pollard. He had a nice game yesterday and an even nicer season last year.

I expect we use the draft to load up the O-line and D-line. Which I'm perfectly fine with. Also, we'll probably draft like 3 TE's because its just what we do.