1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Berman] Rockets making strong push for Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Sep 27, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What does "strong push" even mean lol ?

Please take our offer ?
    We'll throw in Sergio ?
    You can have Qi ?

Lol , we have our assets that have been on the table and we have our guys that we can't trade .

I think tucker and Gordon are too much unless DM is 100 percent certain that A) butler is indeed a top 15-20 player and will fit in with our core .... and B) that he can find adequate replacements for those guys roles and intangibles..... yes jimmy fills some of the gap , but he does not cover the exact same roles as PJ on D . Also , we straight up lose shooting .

So I guess , we will see what happens . But I always laugh when I hear things like "strong push " ..... like what else could we be offering in terms of assets ... that enticing 2021 second rounder !?

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I made a strong push in the bathroom this morning after some coffee. That went extremely well.

xtruroyaltyx, seclusion and Zoplicone like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I will eat at Landry's the day that we make this trade.

RocketFan likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think the Heat will acquire him. Their players aren't great, but they are pretty good. The Wolves have to scale back their demands.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was waiting for this.

Rox Addict likes this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Calm down jopat

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I think Miami will probably up there offer and get him too, but I have no idea why they want to do this. What is a lottery team gonna do with a 30 year old super star. Lots of the trade destinations make no sense at all.

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Too bad, we don't have Ryan Anderson to offer this time.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It will sell tickets if nothing else. Butler wants to go there too, even though they aren't a contender. He is a good all star, but I don't consider him as a superstar. The Wolves would be getting better offers, if that were so.

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

13. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Scooping for new followers I see ya, Scoop.

Fullcourt, travfrancis, sammy and 3 others like this.
  14. Senator

Senator Member

I have not kept up with this - what is the most realistic offer to obtain Butler?

Does Minnesota even want to compete in the West, or wait another 3 years before Towns/Wiggins enter his prime?

Gordon
    1st rounder
    Chriss

Because Tucker isn't being traded? Tucker+Gordon+1st would be too much.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

To be fair, I think Riley knows Spoelstra is a good enough coach to get them into the playoffs regardless. I doubt he sees them as a lottery team.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think for Miami might be more a tax issue, now i can't remember if they paied the tax last season too, i don't think so...but anyway, if they max Butler they'll be there for two years, possibly more, and i'm not sure it's worth it for a second round team at best.

Riley's best choice might be wait one/two years, keep players with a good contract like Richardson, Bam, maybe Winslow, get rid of the bad contracts like Whiteside, Tyler Johnson, possibly Waiters, Olynyk, and try to be in the mix to sign a couple of stars in free agency.

Even if they get Butler they won't win ****, and they wouldn't have assets or cap space to improve the team as much as they would've to.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really hoping the Rockets can keep Tucker in a potential Butler trade.

Hoping the framework is something like this:
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yby8rnx5

HOU: Butler
    MIN: Gordon, Koufus (or Randolph, or Shumpert), Zhou + ROCKETS 1st.
    SAC: Dieng, Nene, + Rockets 1st + Wolves 2nd.

Perhaps in a 2nd solo trade, trade Chriss to Sac for McLemore as a second asset for SAC.

Rockets are going to have to give up one 1st round pick. But I would be willing to give up a second 1st round pick if I could keep Tucker in this deal.

SAC has a BUNCH of expiring deals to move things around.

#137 Deuce, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    mikol13 likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Mmmmm Landry's Wednesdays steak and lobster $20 get you some

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Is Scoop like the new Potato Head guy essentially? I don't know if he works in the profession or not. Haven't heard of him.

Twitter "Insiders" are funny though. There's no "Lead" necessarily in these transactions. The team has a list of assets they'd like to get in return, and a deadline to get as much of those assets as they can by that deadline. Maybe an insider like Woj can tell us that he know the Rockets have put forth the most aggressive offer (in his opinion), but no idea what other teams will pony up and offer at the last minute.

All 29 teams are technically "in the running". Do we have the strongest offer, and can we maintain that offer by their deadline is the main question. I'm guess the Rockets are still considered long shots given we know other teams can offer more.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG