1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Berman Bomb] BRUNO THE GOAT HAS AN OFFER TO RETURN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 25, 2020.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I told you Bruno has talent ;) just needed to keep getting better and more confident

D-rock and hajkov like this.
  2. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

It is the preseason against the Bulls, but you take small wins in his growth and he did finally show something.

Good for him, I hope he just keeps getting better on both ends, stays aggressive and most importantly consistent in games when he gets minutes.

It's time to fulfill the potental, give it your all every day to get better, produce and impact each game.

D-rock likes this.
  3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I’m impressed with KD’s shooting form

4. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Caboclo never got a proper chance of proving himself under MDA 7-8 players rotation even in regular season (LOL).

He knows this might be the last chance of becoming something relevant in the NBA, so maybe he will get his last shot under Silas.

The potential of a guy like him in smallball is huge. Look at that ****ing wingspam.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Give it a F'ing rest.

ElPigto, IvanLCPM, Theking and 5 others like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Clint Capela says hello.

So does:

Amare Stoudemire
    Boris Diaw
    Leandro Barbosa
    Jeremy Lin
    Ben McLemore
    Danuel House

And 3 MVPs in Nash, Harden

2 COTY awards

2 of the most efficient offenses in 2 different eras.

Just off top of my head, I am sure I missed a ton of stuff as well.

Possum, Erbnwarfare and nacho bidness like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Harden and Nash were finished products when MDA got them. In fact one of his biggest weaknesses is he let his pgs do all the heavy lifting. So I dont think he developed Nash and Harden as much as just put all the burden on them.

He plays the high impact rookies, ones who come in play well immediately so guys like House, Mclemore, Stoudemire etc. Even Capela was already good at end of his first season. But if you're a rookie who needs devt time GG no re for you, you in Dumbtoni's doghouse. Thats why RoCo and Wood got cut the first go round.

Ramo$e, REEKO_HTOWN and Crashlanded19 like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

They were not MVP caliber players when he got them.

10. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Not jumping the gun on Bruno, but he would have logged about 8 mins this game is MDA was the coach...

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. jogo

jogo Member

Both Covington and Wood were Rockets before D'Antoni was the Rockets coach. Maybe he called McHale and Bickerstaff and told them not to sign/play those guys?

D-rock likes this.
  12. riko

riko Member

He has length, can shoot, runs the floor like a guard and is a very good shot blocker just needs to become a better on ball defender.

Also He can improve his handling of the ball a bit more to be able to attack the close outs off the dribble more and he can be a very good role player.The physical tools are all there.

D-rock likes this.
  13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

gonna be a great year with Cablolco shooting 60% from 3

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shooting 3 like RoCo in postseason. Maybe he can also be as good off ball defender and disruptor.

15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sold on Caboclo. He does have special length but doesn't seem to be in the right places on D, and doesn't have any real go-to move on offense. Right now he is like a slower, longer Ariza with lower bball IQ. I would like to see some swag and emotion out of him as well. It seems like he justs want to stand and wait for contested 3's. The 3 ball is actually a weakness of his, so it's easy to get excited over him when he shoots well.

I would love to see him just put his head down and drive. I know he doesn't have the muscle of Giannis, maybe he should study Giannis rookie footage. I will say that he seems to be a rhythm player. The more he plays, the better he is. You can say that with most players, but Caboclo's shooting % really went up in Memphis went he got minutes and touches. For this reason, I think if he does break out for us, it will be if we're playing team ball and not watch James create everything ball.

If he shoots 37% for 3 for us, then he has the length alone to help the team and compensate for his other weaknesses. Unfortunately, I expect him to shoot in the low 30's. I hope I'm wrong.

DM'sVP, kevtse and topfive like this.
  16. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

Without Harden he better

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

He hit 62% from 3P, 3 blocks & 1 steal, led team in rebounds (7) AND led the team in scoring (17) tonight.

What were you saying again?

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

You mean with this young roster he better.

FatSeagal likes this.
  19. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

Haha that too

D-rock likes this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not even.