1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BergCBS] Rockets collecting picks for big trade (presumably dwight)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by karthik.08, Jul 7, 2012.

1. everyday eddie

What if Morey is just following orders from Les?

2. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

I keep hearing this from people and am wondering if what I hear is true. IF we trade for Dwight and he tries to leave after 1 year, he would be leaving close to 20 million on the table to go elsewhere because we own his bird rights. is this true or not!!??? IF SO and I believe it is true because that seems to be Moreys biggest reason forwanting to trade for Dwight. I don't think its just Daryl thinking he is a smooth talker and can convince Dwight to.stay. I think be has 20 million reasons for Dwight to stay. and nobody, including DH is walking away from 20 million. I think its just a threat on his part not to.re sign but when its all said and done, he will re sign. that is why morey is willing to take the risk. So if this is true, then why do so many of you doubt that we can keep him.

can somebody who is smart confirm this??!! Bima thug or Clutch or anybody!!?? Thanks

3. dreammvp

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous...so let me get this straight, you want morey to stop trying to get a super star so the city of Houston can stop looking bad and also the rockets?..I'm sure that was in Daryls job description: qualified individual is not permitted to sign super star players as it makes my organization look bad. we do not want you to offend the city of Houston by trying to make us a championship caliber team.

do some of you think what you are writing before you click submit???

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Yes it's true and the word around here is that it's actually $30 mil.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Dwight Howard is not passing up 30 million extra dollars in a state without income tax to leave. I don't care what drivel he has his "insiders" spouting either. If that extra money meant nothing to him, he would have signed in New Jersey with Deron Williams as an unrestricted free agent this summer. Right now, I suggest you take what comes out of Howard's camp as a grain of salt. He's firing his last bullets to try and end up a Net.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm ok with trading away just about all our assets except Donuts and Royce. Even if Dwight leaves I'll applaud Morey's effort for trying. It worked for DWill, it might for us.

7. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Clutchfans where fans don't want a superstar for superficial reasons like being a: 'douchebag', 'headcase', 'cancer' or 'doesn't want to be here'....

but then have been whining ever since Yao's injury "Morey Y U no get superstar!"
    Whenever we talked about trading for guys like Granger or Iggy it was always about how 'they are only just minor stars'.

And now... most posts in this thread... ffs

Do you guys not realise that this is the best course to take to either becoming a contender again or a completely rebuilding team? This team as assembled is definitely not a rebuilding team. We are not going to be able to 'rebuild' our way out of the middle by having a bunch of mid to low first round pick talent!!!

As much as I am excited about young players like White, DMo and Parsons we should know that they are very unlikely to become franchise players. We need a franchise player and it's either coming from a player like Dwight... or if Dwight gets traded here and leaves (and us becoming one of the bottom enders) we can find a franchise player in the draft.

8. dreammvp

So why in the **** do people think he will leave after one year!!.. no way he does...go get Dwight, Daryl!!

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Yep, this new CBA will definitely change how often max guys walk away from their teams.

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Easy, brah. You don't want to bend anyone's mind too much. Some folks aren't interested in discussing the big picture. Most probably struggle to think beyond what they'll have for breakfast in the morning. :grin:

11. Apps

Apps Member

Huh. Would you look at that... :p

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Freaking BRILLIANT! This sums up the Rockets forum for the last few months for me.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If Dwight doesn't sign a birds rights contract, he will be leaving over $57 million on the table over the next ten years at least! And the odds are it will actually be more than that.

14. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Exactly!!!

I am so Freaking sick of this $@/#!!!

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Hence the joke my friend...

16. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

If they have to start over and rebuild it sures seems like they would be WAY ahead of schedule...

1. They already have several young players with a large amount of upside.

2. They presumably will not be that good this year so they should have a high lottery pick.

3. They already have a lottery pick coming to from the Lowry trade.

4. They are now trying to get atleast one more pick in a sign and trade for Camby.

5. They still have Martin and Scola to deal for more picks or "assets".

With all of this it seems they WOULD be way ahead of schedule.

MOREY DO NOT LOSE ALL OF THIS FOR A PLAYER THAT WILL NOT STAY!!!

BESIDES.. YOU DON'T HAVE THE PLAYERS TO GO AROUND HIM TO DO ANYTHING THUS YEAR!!!

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Orlando wants to get younger while shedding salary. That is something the Rockets can provide. It comes down to how much salary a team is willing to take back. The Rockets would be paying for a possible 1 year rental while the Lakers are paying for a serious championship run. The Lakers are already back in contention with Nash, so I think the Rockets will pay more for Dwight. The Hawks are also in this race.

This is what a trade between the two teams would look like in my eyes.

Orlando Receives:
    Jeremy Lamb
    Royce White
    Patrick Patterson
    Terrance Jones
    Kevin Martin's expiring
    Toronto's next lottery pick
    Houston's next 2 available first round picks
    The protected Mavericks 1st round pick
    Livingston and his $1 million buyout

Rockets receive:
    Dwight Howard
    Jason Richardson
    Glen Davis
    Quentin Richardson

The Rockets would look something like:

Howard / Davis / Smith (Asik)
    Scola / Montiejunas / Leur / Simpson
    Parsons/ Morris /Quentin
    J-Rich / Forbes (Lee)
    Machado / Fortson (Lin)

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

yea so then why isn't he camped outside the Toyota center ? Does this forum have more info than his agent ? I can't imagine an agent wouldn't be twisting his arm to welcome a trade to Houston if this was the only place he could get that money ... I just don't buy it .. I imagine there are teams that could do some creative things to make sure he is paid ...hell I read the owner of the Net's made over 40 million a couple of days ago ... one day over 40 million ...57 million over 10 years ... lmao that's like beer money to that guy..

and btw Alexander has a net worth of like 80 mil .. Prokhorov is like 18 billion ...he makes Alexanders net in 2 freakin days ....let that sink in ...where would you want to play ?

19. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

You're missing the point. He will get the extra money only if he extends with he team he is traded to. He doesn't want to be traded to Houston but if he's traded here he will have to decide between staying in Houston for $57m more or going to play where he is happiest. Would you walk away from $57m because you prefer Atlanta etc over Houston? But if hes traded to Brooklyn he goes where he wants and can extend for $57m extra. That's why he's trying so hard to discourage Houston from getting him. And that's why our front office has a hard on for the trade - they believe if they do get him he wont walk away from the money. Having said all that, LA is the front runner.

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

He can't make that money anywhere else. He only makes it by resigning with whatever team trades for him as they own his bird rights. It's the financial difference between a bird rights max contract and any other max contract.