1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BergCBS] Rockets collecting picks for big trade (presumably dwight)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by karthik.08, Jul 7, 2012.

1. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Why do people just assume the organization is or isn't doing certain things? We never heard any indication that they've pulled themselves out of the Howard race, so you have to continue to assume they're still pushing for him.

2. Trackball

Trackball Member

Okay, I admit, you have me there. I'd forgotten Barkley actually wanted to be here (though I hear he has since regretted coming here, and doesn't like the organization anymore).

Sorry about that. It's just...I'm sick and tired of those people out there who will never, ever be satisfied. Like baseball fans who bash a pitcher's perfect game because it wasn't 27 strikeouts...and then, when a high-schooler actually DID get a 27-K game a while back, they say it wasn't perfect because there were a few foul balls here and there. (You know who you are.)

Those of you who are video game fans have probably heard a lot of similar things from fans of Sonic the Hedgehog. Started out awesome, sucked for a decade...then it gets good again, and people STILL complain over the tiniest details, like the color of his eyes. (I wish I was kidding.)

I'll just let this image say it for me...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I agree with the posters who don't want to blow it up for one of the league's best players.

The Rockets have been on the verge of being a early 1st round exit playoff team. We were ALMOST that team for the last three years! Why are we suddenly abandoning the course now just because a superstar is available?! Stooopid.

Patrick Patterson should only be traded for a star! I mean, sure he regressed in his sophomore year, but I think he's really gonna have a break out year this time!

4. rocketsmetalspd

Yeah maybe your right but only one team can do that and that would be the Nets but even they will be not willing to pay the luxury tax per every million they will be over the cap.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

If we get him, we're not trading him. Morey has confidence that Dwight wants the most money he can get, his more desirable destinations won't have room to sign him, and also his own ability to build a team around Dwight in a hurry.

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

You think it's bad now,just wait until the drama hit's,if the trade does go down...what great fun it will be watching the organization grovel at howards feet.

[​IMG]

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He is just going to whine, whine and nag if we get him. It would be a massive distraction for the team during the season - will he stay, wont he stay, where will he go? Basically we would go through everything Orlando is going through now. Plus his back might not even hold up.

Man chasing a superstar sucks a$$.

8. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Carmelo...Amare....Pau Gasol....Deron Williams...Dwight Howard.... what do these players have in common you ask???? They do not wanna come here....Please Stop this you making this Organization look bad and you making this city look bad as well

Add other players if I forgot any!!!!

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

People have to remember that unlike Lebron and Bosh with the Heat, the Nets CAN'T just sign Dwight next summer. They won't have the cap space. In fact I imagine there won't be many places that will have the cap space, and be more attractive. But there is a good chance we will have the cap space to make a run at CP3 or some other star to go with Dwight. We are basicly trying to do the same thing the Nets just did, and despite them not getting Dwight (yet), and the Nets sucking Deron still resigned there. Certainly there is risk, but worse case scenario Les is forced to tank whether he wants to or not.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I wonder which of our young guys would be moved if this did go through? Dmo can't be moved for 30 days so he would be out if they were trying to get rid of Howard now. I'm guessing Lamb, Jones, Ppat along with Raptor pick, Dallas pick, Brockman partially guaranteed money and Kmart for Howard, J-rich, and Duhon.

And what would happen to asik if this did go down? Could we void the offer sheet or something?

11. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

^^this. I dont think we lose by going after dwight. Morey (despite his recent question marks) wont let us lose net value

12. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

If we get DH will he be Restricted after the season?

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Just a random observation from someone who has been through the 20 stages of acceptance, hurt, denial, exuberance, dissapointment, etc. I'm somewhere in my 3rd stage of optimism and I say this:

...why do his people make a point of telling everyone who will listen that he only wants to be traded to one place? With his contract up this year, why does it even matter if he can go anywhere he wants next year as a free agent. Why did Dwight resign for the final year of his Orlando contract? It's because he knows he isn't going to walk away from the table of all that money so he is likely signing with the team he is traded to and he wanted to give Brooklyn another year to pull a trade together.

I can't think of another really good reason why
    A.)he would resign with Orlando
    b.)he would be so adamant about who he wanted to be traded to

...maybe this is all worth it - tearing our team apart for one trade package. If we get Dwight, it was all worth it - trading Lowry, letting Dragic go, trading CBud, signing a zillion players for two positions.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Aren't you the dude that told Kyle Lowry to stop playing Call of Duty? And then you got called out for it? And then Kyle kicked all sorts of ass?

15. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Don't discount the well documented fact that the guy is a major headcase

16. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

No. Worse. Called him out on twitter for some stupid play against the Thunder that almost cost us the game. He then proceeded to kick ass, yes, until he started whining at the end of last season. Glad he got a lot better, though, and hope he realizes his full potential in Toronto. Sad to see him go, as he started to make me a fan. Crazy things happen on twitter, and while I'm kind of surprised you partially remember, I'm not particularly proud of that "incident".

1 person likes this.
  17. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

You're way ahead of things. Just because Morey has a lot of things to offer, doesn't mean he's going to offer all of them. You have nothing on which to base your idea that Morey is being suckered.

By the way, "a lot" is two words.

18. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

why do we keep chasing someone don't want to play here??

i was hoping we do something like Lowry+Scola for Iggy+Holiday. and then trade K-Mart+Donut for Al Jefferson. at least we'll have two all-stars who won't complain to host the all-star weekend in H-town.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think it's pretty obvious that Morey will go after a bona fide superstar above absolutely anything else. His goal it to bring elite talent here, not to make us some 2nd round plateau.

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

If Morey sells the farm and Dwight leaves at seasons end, he deserves to be fired.

1 person likes this.