1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BergCBS] Rockets collecting picks for big trade (presumably dwight)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by karthik.08, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Trackball

Trackball Member

If ClutchFans was around before the Charles Barkley trade, I imagine you'd be complaining about that too. I mean, really, four players just given away for one guy?! What idiot was running this team?!

Oh, but you all shut up once we got a 57-25 record and made it to the Western Conference Finals.

Hypocrites. Go be Laker or Heat fans.

Can't you just be excited about our favorite sport and team for once?! Why can't we have guys like Clipper Darrell, who stick with their team through the good times AND the bad?

(FYI, Clutch started the website, then called clutchcity.net, shortly after the trade was finalized.)

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The goal is to get Howard. After that, Morey will go to work even more and make some trades with what's left over. Considering Morey's track record of getting good returns, I wouldn't be surprised if this current roster of assets turns into a strong playoff team by March.

3. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

what's new pussycat?

4. eaglepoke56

eaglepoke56 Member

I don't get it either. I am excited abot the young talent. So we get Howard, lose in the first round of the playoffs, he leaves and we're left with nothing. Great plan.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This. ^^^

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Imagine if we could get a first for taking back minimal salary. We could give Orlando 4 firsts...maybe 5 LOL :eek:

7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

No one would complain if that was the case. We all know the price will be so much more. Cleveland didn't have options.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Exactly right.

Dwight Howard is not getting any younger and it does not appear that he will be signing a longer term deal with us. It is one year and then he will put himself up for the highest bidder among the teams he wants to play for.

Right now, the Rockets still have some assets that they can use to rebuild this team through the draft, which could speed up the process and have the Rockets back in the mix within a few years.

If we do the Rockets give everything up for one year of Dwight Howard, then they are left with nothing. To imagine the rebuilding process under that scenario, think the Charlotte Bobcats or the Houston Astros. It will be a long time.

9. Sanity2disChaos

Fail........go and check the roster out after they made that trade and compare it to what we will have if we get d.Howard...........No comparison!!!! Good try though; )

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Guys we already have enough assets to give them that trumps any team but LA I don't get why they are going for even more when LA will beat any offer Rox will ever be able to offer....

One superstar won't change your fortunes if you don't have a decent team around that player unless you are Lebron look at the Nets

11. monster

monster Member

Morey built all these assets. I'm willing to be patient a little longer to see what he turns them into. I won't believe he's dumb enough to rent Dwight for a year with no backup plan. I know we're all anxious to be on top again, but it's not gonna happen overnight. The wheels are in motion, so stick it out a little longer before going out on a ledge.

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

Rockets Organization and Morey are really starting to piss me off...you mean to tell me they are still after Howard!? omg:eek:....I thought they had finally seen the light and started to rebuild.

Trading for Howard makes even less sense now then it did a week ago. You low ball Dragic and let him slip to Phoenix. After that you overpay for a scrub center...then you trade Lowry for peanuts..ow Lin you say!..Lins not coming here!!...Brooks Maybe..but signing Brooks will only keep us mediocre :rolleyes:...And the thought they are even considering keeping Martin....:mad::confused:..

Adding Howard for 1 year won't make you a contender..that team would be 1 and done in the playoffs. Rebuild..It's the only way! I beg you Rockets organization, do the right thing. Trade Scola, amnesty/Trade Martin. Let the young guys play!..Acquiring Howard will only set us back even further...You have 3 young talented rookies...Tank hard/develop young talent is the only way.

This is the NBA, you have to get worse before you get better. Howard himself has said he will only sign with Nets....maybe Lakers...so why even bother.Please Morey, Les Please...do the right thing BLOW IT UP and let the young guys play!:eek:

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

No, I think it is time to panic right now.

When in danger, or in doubt
    Run in circles, scream and shout

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

False. That's not possible.

15. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

It isn't so much the team that will surround Dwight when & if he gets here, it's more so the team that remains if he is to go down with an injury. The situation is essentially the same one the Mavs are in with Dirk now. I'll pass.

16. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

LET THEM GROW YOU DUMMY!!!!

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wait, you just figured out they haven't given up on Howard?

18. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

AMEN BROTHER

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Charles wanted to be here. He never threatened to bail He even took a huge paycut to try and sign additional players...and we didn't take back trash contracts.

I just love it when "fans" play like-it-or-leave. If this works out great. If not, well...either way those "fans" like me will still be here.

20. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

is the end game really to get dwight to stay or flip him to another team in exchange for a star? cant imagine they really thing they can change his mind. plus i'm not that afraid of gutting the roster (except for 2/3 of our rookies), since everyone else isnt that good anyway.