1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BergCBS] Rockets collecting picks for big trade (presumably dwight)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by karthik.08, Jul 7, 2012.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Isn't he from New Jersey? Dwight you have competition!

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I like your logic, can I play along? Morey should dump everything he can to make a run at Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and trade for Lebron.

What, what do you mean that's not possible? Yes it is, because Morey can figure it out.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I will lose my mind if the Nets are able to get Dwight in some ****-eyed trade.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Berger is a fraud, notoriously piggybacking off other "reports" to give him insulation in the event that he's wrong. His main goal is to stir the pot and get clicks (see the article that started this thread, which was abundantly obvious already to anyone with a brain).

Think about it, folks - why on earth would Cleveland, an under-the-cap team, trade a first-round pick (or another asset) for Humphries when he's an unrestricted free agent whom they could just sign themselves?

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Don't be stupid .. I was referring to one specific set of circumstances ..not some anything is possible fantasy scenario..

It's not so unbelievable that the Net's could make enough moves to get under the salary cap .. and even if they don't it's not so unbelievable that an eccentric multi billionaire isn't willing to pay the extra tax.

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

First of all, yes it is fairly unbelievable. It would involve a team willingly trading for Joe Johnson(21.5 million dollars per year for multiple seasons) by giving the Nets expiring contracts. That's just highly unlikely.

Second, it doesn't matter if a billionaire is willing to pay the luxury tax. The Nets have to have the cap room to offer Howard a max deal and unless they find a sucker for Joe Johnson, that won't happen. The only time paying the tax matters is if a team is keeping its own players together. In order for that to be true with Howard, Brooklyn has to trade for him.

8. DVauthrin

If it means getting Dwight Howard, I'll happily take him.

9. DVauthrin

It's not a pipe dream. That's what you are missing. They have a strong chance to make this happen, and with the team they have, it's definitely worth exploring until it's no longer possible.

Superstars win championships, and Howard is a young superstar. I'll take the gamble of acquiring him and getting a long term extension from him rather than current Rockets situation, rookies included.

10. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    Here is what I am hearing on Howard... Magic still aggressively talking with several situations... Brooklyn, Lakers, Hawks and Mavs

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Who is steve kyler ?

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Hoopsworld. In other words, worthless.

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The Leader of PoopsWorld

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

At this point it looks like Morey is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't for a bunch of CluthFans.

I'm getting the feeling we must have a family with 28 cousins who all sit around b****in about Morey then log on.