1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Benghazi: Special Forces were available during the attack, they were in Tripoli

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Oct 31, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Report: Unit of Delta Force And Green Beret Special Operators In Tripoli Night of Benghazi Attack…

[​IMG]

-------------------------------

So troops were available. CIC's lies are catching up to him.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, you're supposed to consult a medical professional if erections last for more than 12 hours. By my count, it's been nearly 11 months.

3. esteban

esteban Member

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BENGHAZI
    Nook

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Take it up with the Washington Times.

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

6. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Via Washington Times:

Does not compute. Technically, Tripoli is inside Libya. At least it was last time I checked.

All i got from this is that the administration does not want to reveal the secret of the special ops in Libya so it did not publicize the fact that they did indeed act and send secret special ops team. Did i get that right?

7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

people want to play politics, that's all fine and good, but if you walk around without an umbrella or any strategic foresight like Congress and the House of Reps tend to do, well, expect to get wet

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Geography is fun! Tripoli is 400 miles from Benghazi.

http://www.distancefromto.net/between/Tripoli/Benghazi

Carrry on brahmanji

1 person likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

love this

11. esteban

esteban Member

You can make that flight in under 1 1/2hours. Yeah, 4 dead Americans is really funny, it's a riot alright.

12. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

Flying in what exactly? What Air Assests are available to Special Operations forces in Libya?

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As Sam Fisher notes getting from Tripoli to Benghazi isn't like getting from Katy to Houston, and yes you should evacuate Katy. Also there are plenty of reasons the mission in Tripoli was kept secret. I am pretty sure most special forces missions are kept secret.

Finally even if the special forces in Tripoli could get to Benghazi these missions are very carefully tailored with specific equipment, personnel and most of all timing. They probably didn't have the resources to suddenly take on a rescue mission in Benghazi.

Just to add it is a testament to their bravery that they tried.

I think the real question with Benghazi is why wasn't there security in the first place.

#13 rocketsjudoka, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  14. Major

Major Member

It's almost like you didn't read the story.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Unclear - WashTimes reporting that SOF sold their landspeeder in Mos Eisley.

16. Major

Major Member

So first, your complaint was that we didn't send rescue troops. Turns out that wasn't true, so now your complaint is what, exactly? That we did send rescue troops, but they were secret and you weren't told about it?

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't think anyone cares except the those people's families. What if they had sent special forces and one of those guys had died? Well then the GOP would use that as its talking point.

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The party that willingly lied to send nearly 5,000 Americans to their death in Iraq doesn't care about the loss of human life? I'm shocked.

19. Major

Major Member

They DID send special forces - that's what the article is about. What's confusing is why this upsets bob and esteban and others, given that they used to complain that we didn't send rescue forces.

The ones in country went as fast as they could and still only made it there at the tail end of the battle. Which means that forces from out of country clearly wouldn't have made it in time. Everything in this article refutes their complaints about Benghazi, from what I can tell.

20. esteban

esteban Member

I'm pretty sure you read the story and could not give a **** about 4 dead Americans in order to protect Barry.

I believe in the after life and those 4 dead brave Americans will come back and haunt Barry and his minions in some ways.