1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bench PJ Tucker;Start Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Apr 21, 2018.

?

Time to start Ryan Anderson again?

1. Yes

57.9%
  2. No

42.1%
  1. s3ts

s3ts Member

I dunno what y'all are smoking.

I hated seeing Ryno in the game, he's useless on defense. I can't see him reliably covering Taj or Towns.

If his 3s are not going down, he should never be on the court. Yet he stayed on even when he didn't make a shot until the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Our defense is almost the only thing that will make sure we win the series. Ryno will never be useful in that regard.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ryno's defense was pretty good in the second half. Got some blacks on Towns and Teague.

3. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

I give my vote on YES, Don't like to be in a hole from 1 minute ,especially when we play away game. Would like to have boring blowout game .

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Can any of you tell whether PJ is choking? To me he kind of looks like he's tightening up. He misses a couple of 3's and then starts passing them up, faking and driving, which is not his game. Is he having playoff jitters?

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Come to think of it, shouldn't have said it this way. Thanks for calling me out on it.

IvanLCPM and Smacktle like this.
  6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Come on . They’re just passionate fans. Can’t really blame them. But seriously, the playoffs is a game of adjustments. MDA and coaching staff will adjust accordingly. Well just have to switch to making KAT beat you. He can’t outscore the entire rockets team. Get him in early foul trouble with Harden penetration. Then we go back to basics harden capela pnr. With a steady dose of CP3 coming off the bench.

Harden also needs to go defensive point guard mode and get everyone else their shots. Didn’t see much of the Green Lantern today.

7. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

8. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

i am more worried about Gordon. He didnot play well in last years playoffs too. Without him being himself, we ain’t gonna win nothing.

Smacktle, DreamShook and Coach E like this.
  9. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Tonight was a big disappointment, we are susceptible to saying stupid stuff... it happens!

Smacktle and ElPigto like this.
  10. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Ryan cant seem to handle the pressure of a starter. I think he broke out of his slump as soon as he started coming off the bench.

If he's hitting shots cool, play him more minutes but I dont think he should start.

Smacktle likes this.
  11. s3ts

s3ts Member

He chased after loose balls, got some rebounds. That's all I can give him credit for, in addition to the 3s he nailed on the offensive end.

He also couldn't guard anyone from the 3, couldn't guard the paint, and was always late in providing help defense when Towns got the ball in the paint.

I said in many posts, he shpuld only get 3-4 mins to prove he can make a 3. If he can't, I'm sorry, he's not worth the risk.

12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

this cuts the iso ball out in favor of more pick n roll basketball with anderson. Then as the game materializes it will be clear when and how o play pj and anderson

13. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Ryan has always played well against Minnesota, he's a matchup problem for them. He doesn't necessarily need to start but I would like to seem him play more minutes, if his ankle allows

14. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Wolves knows tucker is not good at offence, they does not find players to defense him. Ryno is important to attract defence

Smacktle likes this.