1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bench and Backup 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Conson307, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Conson307

Conson307 New Member

Now that training camp has started up and the season is right around the corner, who do y'all see stepping up and contributing heavily toward the second unit?
    Right now I could see
    Canaan
    Daniels
    P-Nickle
    Jones/Motie/Adriene
    Dorsey

But that lineup seems to be just awful on the Defensive end, especially due to our lack of rim protection.

So my second question is, how do y'all see us handling the front-court while Dwight is out of the game? As much as I love Dorsey's toughness, I doubt he'll be able to fill a Dwight-esque cleanup role, and I don't see any real combo of Defensive stoppers in our front court.

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Um....you have left out some of the best defensive players and veterans.

Players who will come in before some of these guys.

Jason Terry/Papa/Francisco IMO.

Hell I expect at least Terry and Papa will BE first off the bench before long if not when the season starts.

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Terry, Daniels, Papa, Garcia and D-MO?

4. fattz

fattz Member

Johnson will be in the mix as well. Family friends with KMH. He will get a look and some PT as a rookie. He plays D, too. Strong SL. He will be in the rotation by season's end.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah he's very underrated. Right now the bench seems terrible because most fans don't see popular names but when you evaluate the players we have in the roles they will serve under the whole team concept we are a lot better then what most would believe.

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I think P-Nickel is Papa.

Again I think P-Nickel is Papa and DMo is already there as Motie.

7. basketballholic

McHale runs mostly a 9 man rotation. You've got your 5 starters. Dorsey will most likely be given every opportunity to play all the backup 5 minutes. Daniels is in the rotation. And KPap. Canaan will backup Bev (unless there's a trade). And if there's no trade before the season..DMo, Terrence, and Powell will battle for starter and backup rotation roles.

Powell could make this team and be in the rotation...even win the starting spot.

8. chandlerbang21

Adrian and Dorsey are the only rim protectors on bench and both are undersized

9. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Do you think Terry and Daniels will play together very much? I feel they will be asked to play very similar roles..
    I think, at this stage, the coaching staff will be looking to Dorsey to keep the defensive integrity up.

Without Dorsey and a 'healthy' Garcia (even that is dubious, he just looked like he plain regressed last season), there is almost no defense apart from DMo and a team that relies on DMo for D-fence will have Mo' problems than they can handle.

Canaan/Terry, Terry/Daniels, Papa/Garcia, TJ/DMo, Dorsey/DMo

D-League but on roster: Johnson, Capela
    Cut but with D-League rights: Black and Mitchell
    No place for Smith, Adrien (never watched him play though), Powell and Covington

Early days yet though

10. chandlerbang21

Garcia is a weird case. He went crazy in the FIBA tourney but last NBA season he flamed out. I guess he was injured most of season.

11. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Our bench is not worse than last year, n we were 4th.

We'll be fine, I want Troy to get big minutes.

12. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

johnson will be in dleague until all star break unless he plays exremely well in camp. They probably want him in real game situations rather than riding the bench.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jeff Adrien will make this team. Look up some of his games from last season.

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

OK. had not heard the p-nickel handle so my bad but still... Jason Terry..watch out here he comes !