1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Wallace

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CoolColJ, Jan 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Man if we could somehow get Ben Wallace, he would be the perfect hard working, dirty work enforcer style power forward we need!

The thought of Ben Wallace and Yao Ming in a frontcourt makes me drool. He does all the dirty work and would be just the type of bodyguard Yao needs. The shotblocking team of Griffin, Wallace and Yao would make it nigh impossible to drive the middle against the Rockets also.

Thoughts?

#1 CoolColJ, Jan 27, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2003
  2. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

It aint gonna happen.

3. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

But it ain't bad to dream aint it?

4. carayip

carayip Member

To dream, you got to dream someone better than Ben Wallace. I would have TD or KG to complement YM. :eek: :) :D

5. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I am not sure if TD or KG would complement YM's game, but someone like Ben Wallace would definitely make Yao's life easier. Wallace could clean up the board and allow Yao to go for block shots.

On offense, Wallace will not take touches away from Yao and will probably get a lot more offensive rebounds because Yao gets double teamed all the time.

Nice dream, but ain't gonna happen. :(

6. Sane

Sane Member

LOL, Yao Ming, Eddie Griffin, AND Yao Ming?

If Detroit was crazy, I'd actually offer something like Cato, Griffin, Boki, and Mobley for Ben Wallace and a backup C (Rebraca or Okur).

7. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

Big Ben would be a perfect compliment for Yao he doesn't need the ball to be happy. Just like the future version of Dennis Rodman, who has the passion for playing defense and grabbing boards.

8. carayip

carayip Member

How time changed. I remember that Orlando traded Ben Wallace and some other scrubs for Grant Hill. :eek: If only we got there in the 1st place... :(

9. Sane

Sane Member

To be quite honest with you, I'd like to have a scorer at PF. Playing in the West, I'd like to have Brand next to Yao, if we're talking about compliments. Duncan's a good star player, but he's not a complementary player. He doesn't play D like Wallace. KG isn't strong enough, but he's the best complimentary player in the world. He's just not a go-to guy. But I think he's a SF.

But, can you imagine? Wallace and Ming? Who would drive into the lane? I'm not sure we'd have enough scoring with that kind of line up though. But having Ming, Wallace, and Posey would surely make us the best defensive team in the league.

10. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

And the best rebounding team ever. :D

As far as offense goes, I think with Big Ben, Yao will be able to take more shots and let Ben do the dirty work under the basket. Of course, if the backcourt tandem is still SF and Cat, it wouldn't make any difference who is playing in the front court anyway.