1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Tate on ProFootball Talk Live

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bobmarley, Sep 13, 2011.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Member

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I am liking the potential Foster and Tate backfield. It is going to be rough on defenses.

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Member

this is the recap

Missing last season was tough but helped him learn the system and get to know his team

44 is his number because it always has and his dad and uncle both had the number 44.

He felt good Monday morning just a little sore, not used to a full load.

He said the O-line is great! He was upset none made the pro bowl last year after Arian had such a great year.

He feels no pressure to win but just knows they have to do what they need to do and execute and they will win.

He cad 24 carries last week and was asked what he thought about the split duty in the NFL for RBs. He said some RBs need those reps for their conditioning to kick in but some guys don't have to have that many to get in the flow of the game, it depends on the RB.

He said he is the kind of RB that only need 8-10 reps to get going and can do good with that amount.

He doesn't worry about playing time with Arian coming back soon but is just focusing on making the most of his opportunities.

When asked what Kubiak said to him on the sidelines after his fumble, he said coach told him that his job is to hold on to the football because of their lead and that he needs to know to expect that they will be gunning for him to make him fumble.

Did he feel that Coach was upset with him during training camp because of his injury this year. He didn't think so but he knew his job was to do his best when he was healthy enough to show Coach he is ready. Injuries are not something he can control but he can control what he does when he isn't injured.

He said this team is a much improved team from last year. The D is much better and he feels they are becoming more consistent in all phases of the game.

He wasn't sure how many yards he would end up with at the end of the season but he knew it would be more than 116.

4 people like this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

Thanks for the recap...repped!

And this answer made me LOL. I'm starting to develop a mancrush on Tate. He's got good field vision, and tight, power running style, flexibility in his hips to be able to make a cut and go up field, and the ability to run over DBs on the second level for extra yards. All this, and his attitude is fierce, but not edgy. We're lucky we have two great backs to rely on this year. I can't wait for Arian to come back healthy, but Tate has given me enough confidence to not worry about it.