1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BEN SIMMONS IS ON THE MENU.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Dash

Dash Member

We need to get back shake milton for any trade with the sixers

HTown_TMac likes this.
  2. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Doubt they let him go.

3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

You want a Milton shake with those Ben fries?

4. OpportunityCost

I'd rather a deal with Miami.

clutchdabear and PatBev like this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Assuming Beard is gone, there is no equitable trade available.

So "best case" = getting as many assets in return. Dumping a bad contract helps rebuilding, no?

Personally I would make Harden play here until we get a deal we like. Engage the Simmons discussions, because it sets a baseline price of an all-star talent ++

Eventually another aspiring contender will see they just aren't good enough, and will pay though the nose to change things up

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Giving up value to get rid of money owed to Eric Gordon is good for rebuilding.... Tilman credit rating.

For the team, it's waste. A fertitta rebuild is going to be heavy on rookie deals.

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think it would be better if the Rockets waited a bit longer for other teams to scramble to get the deal done with the Rockets. I’m sure the heat would like Harden and wouldn’t want him going to Philly. And I’m sure Morey doesn’t want to miss the opportunity to get Harden again. The longer we wait the better is for us. Yes it will affect the team but so far everyone has done their job. And wall cousins and Wood have played well that even if Harden wasn’t playing well they would keep us afloat.

maybe Harden will realize this is his best chance or good chance to go deep if everything comes together.

bj3175 likes this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm assuming Gordon's value is negative 2 firsts.

But those 2 firsts to unload his bloated deal are negligible when you make someone else take him as a salary match.
    Make Philly give 3 actual firsts, Simmons, Thybulle and take on Ego too.

Might be different if Ego plays like he has in the preseason so far

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IDK, I keep hearing how good he was last season. They say he is a jump shot away from being great. But he has all the intangibles already.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The question I have is, can Ben Simmons average a triple double with this team? I'm talking 15-10-10.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Mr. Space City

The Sixers are one of my league pass teams. He was good, but he could never really take over a game, because he can’t shoot, and is a complete liability in the half court. He doesn’t know how to use his size, strength, length, and athleticism like Giannis. He gets his 16/8/8 and is like “well I got my stats”, and that’s it.

People keep waiting on him to get a jumper and they’ll keep waiting and waiting and waiting, because he doesn’t put work in the gym during the off-season cause he’s too busy being a socialite. He’s practically the same exact player from his rookie year with no development. At some point people gotta start asking, “Is this it with him?”. It’s not guaranteed he’ll get a jumper. Derozan never became a good 3 point shooter, Westbrook is still awful at jump shooting, Giannis still can’t shoot. Sometimes it just never happens for some players.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So would you say Simmons and 2-3 picks for Harden is enough?

13. Mr. Space City

Simmons, Thybulle, and 2 first round picks. Fleece em for as much as you can get, and if they don’t wanna play ball, then threaten we’ll keep Harden, and that the Sixers will lose out to on a perennial MVP candidate / scoring champion.

rockets1995 likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If triple double was so great, we would have kept Westbrook.

rhee likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Brodric Thomas and Mason Jones will be better.

Watch.

coachbadlee likes this.
  16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I’m craving some more Harden Cousins Wood. Don’t forget about Mourning Wood :p

17. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

See if I understand, Morey gave away all the first-round picks in Houston but now he's not willing to put a lot of first-round picks in the Harden trade? Funny, very funny.

J.R. likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Very possible.

And all while playing ELITE defense

coachbadlee likes this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

To be fair, Simmons isn't playing on a team ideal to his strengths. He's a 6"10 pg. Playing with tobias and embid isn't going to be ideal for showcasing his game.

Both those guys can shoot somewhat but they also crowd the paint and aren't great floor spacers. Both also act as screener and roll man, something which simmons would be doing if he was off ball on his own team.

Simmons should be playing as pf and a small ball center at times in a team ideally built for him. Switching out tobias for a tucker or covington would help simmons and the sixers immensely.

Like Giannis, the emphasis shouldn't be on shooting 3... But rather surrounding him with shooters and allowing him to play in the paint as a scorer, passer and roller.

Easy likes this.
  20. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Of course Ben is on the table.