1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons getting a new zip code?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Jul 13, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, so many yet he didn't call him Bart.

[​IMG]

Jontro, B-Bob, red5rocket and 3 others like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. dmoneybangbang

Simmons is an entitled diva, that is all.

Jontro, clos4life, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ben Simmons and Bart Simpson would be great pals. :D

Jontro and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Damn !!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I believe Morey is handicapping, himself, here. Because all of the key players that have come up in most trade rumors or negotiations. I probably wouldn't trade for Ben at this point.

Sac -- Fox and Haliburton (probably no), but Morey wants more than Hield.
    Tor -- Siakam, questionable, but Ben doesn't want to play there.
    Min -- Put their foot down, not touching KAT, Russell, or Edwards.
    GS -- Two first round draft picks w/ Green or Wiggins. That's an awfully lot. How much better would he make the Warriors?

Ind -- 76ers turned Brogdon and picks, which was probably the best deal to take.

Who really needs a point guard who is terrible shooter and not really go-to scorer?

cheke64, Jontro and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. NewAge

NewAge Member

Sexton/Love is very available and Sexton is probably the best player that is gettable right now. Your tax bill will go up a bit next year with Sexton’s new deal AND Love still on the payroll. However you have to pay it if you care about Embiid’s prime.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's not a sexy deal -- I believe in Morey's mind, because he probably doesn't see Sexton as an impact player.

Though, I'd love this deal at this point. Because, your starters is know Embiid; Love; Harris;Thybulle (or Curry); and Sexton. That's a pretty formidable starting 5 with a damn good bench (Drummond and Maxey really bring it out). Sexton can a pretty good 2nd punch player on a team, like 76ers. He doesn't have Ben's playmaking skills and lacks the great defensive ability of Ben, but the kid can score, like a machine gun and is a good shooter.

I feel like Sexton will be all-star, here soon and is still improving as a player. The Cavs are just twiddling around

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Simmons
    Markkanen
    Mobley
    Allen

Now that’s a tall-ball lineup. :D

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

cheke64, sirjesse and plutoblue11 like this.
  11. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Who cares where Ben wants to go? I’m not aware of a no-trade clause. New Orleans pussied out and rejected Boston’s AD offer because he didn’t want to go there. If Ben wants to void his entire contract by holding out until he gets traded to the Bucks, Warriors, or Lakers than be my guest.

Jontro likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2021-10-28_17-44-16.gif

14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

So far the entire Simmons saga has been much ado about absolutely nothing.

Can something happen already..?

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

need video

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

sirjesse and cheke64 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Roomba likes this.
  18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Serbian Al Bundy?

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean, maybe, so long as one feels the same about Harden, AD, Kyrie, etc, etc.

Simmons isn't being passive aggressive about it. He's been straight up. I don't want to play there anymore, and I'm willing to NOT GET PAID I don't want to play there so much.

Why would he want to play there anymore? His game hasn't gotten better and the entire organization threw him under the buss after the playoffs last year. Should he have taken that dunk? ABSOLUTELY. Should he have been more aggressive in 4th quarters? YES. But otoh, Doc certainly wasn't encouraging in that regard, and frankly is the worst kind of coach for him imo.

And... not everyone can put in 1,000s of hours and become a great shooter. Just doesn't happen for some I guess. Which in no way means Simmons puts in the work. I have no idea if he does or doesn't. But their "star" player missed his entire first 2 years of work and continues to miss AT LEAST 18 games every year, and is already kind of injured, and turns the ball over too much, etc.

Simmons and co have not handled this great. But i see the issue as 50/50 Simmons and the rest of the org from DM to Rivers to Embiid, etc.

20. dmoneybangbang

But they have actually produced. Some even won titles…. None of them have objectively gotten worse since their rookie year, that’s a lack of work ethic by Simmons. How about just being a 70% free throw shooter? How about not having the YIPS during a playoff game?

The issue is clearly 80% Simmons and 20% everything else. No one can make Simmons work hard on his game, that has to come from himself.